Chapter 6

Maria (continued)

As I drove fast heading towards town but before I got there I dumped the police car on the side of the road, I made my way into town on foot making sure I kept a lookout. My wrists and throat were hurting so much I could see the bruising already. I finally got myself inside my apartment when I see Lucy was already up when she saw me she run over to me. "Oh my god, what happened?" she asks looking me over in horror.

She was shocked when I told her what happen and really I couldn't believe it myself that I had done that but I had to get out there. I left Lucy in the living as I went to my room I needed a shower when I looked in the mirror I first saw the blood coming down my face then I saw the handprints on my neck and then, of course, the handcuffed marks on my wrists.

My head was still pounding when I finally got myself in the shower the cut on my forehead hurt when the water.

I was finally sitting on my bed in my towel as I held my phone in my hand looking over my mother's number, I felt the tears fall. I did miss my family I wish I could give them all a hug but I couldn't... I was a failure to the family name. I felt the sadness of leaving Blade without telling him but then I felt the anger run through my body as I thought of what those guys had done to me I got up and threw my phone across the room with a scream.

half an hour later I was sitting in the corner of my now messy room with everything around me smashed crying with my body shaking. Lucy knew not to come in here when I was like this.

I had the next few days off thank god but I knew these bruises would only worst before they could heal and go away. I get up pulling open the draw to m bedside table finding the little bag of white powder, I tip some onto the back of my hand as I snorted it up. Smiling as I feel the rush run through my body as the pain felt my body, lying back on my floor I stare up at my ceiling.

*****

I was in my comfortable state still high and still lying on the floor smoking a cigarette  listening to music when I heard someone banging on the front door

I was in my comfortable state still high and still lying on the floor smoking a cigarette listening to music when I heard someone banging on the front door. Turning my head towards my bedroom door looking at it with a confused look, then it happen again with the banging. I got up and went to have a look, when I opened the door I saw Tor and Bull standing there looking mad.

"Ugh... can't you guys just leave me alone.." I say closing the door but it got stopped by Bulls hand as he pushed it back open and stepped inside. "Of course come right in." I roll my eyes turning in my heel.

"What are you doing here? Wait hold that. How did you find where I lived?" turning around asking Tor, he raised his eyebrow.

"Your uncle wants you home little girl" Tor says as I shake my head no. "Your ma is worried about you now go put on some god damn clothes"

I had to bite back the tears that were about to form from him talking about my mother, I knew she missed me. She'd always sends me texts messages saying how much she loves me and misses me. Running a hand through my hair Tor steps closer grabs my arm.

"What the hell happen to your wrists?" He asks looking at me and when he sees my neck and then looks into my eyes seeing the redness and glassy look I have from the drugs that I was on he looks pissed off "who did this Maria and are you high?"

"Just some guy it's fine I handle it" I pull away from him, he shakes his head.

Blade 'Doc'

Alessandro had called church early this morning, so I sat back wondering what was going. "So I got a call last night from Tor, he told me that he had met up with the girl who left Bull with a pretty black and blue face. Turns out he knew the girl..." he runs a hand down his face.

"Who was the gash?" Niko asks from his left hand side.

"Maria" was all Alessandro said, it felt like someone had punched me in the gut when he said her name. She was the girl that punched Bull in the face, she was the girl that left NJ to work in a strip joint... my hands turned into fists when Reaper looked at me.

"Is she coming home?" Niko asks

"I'm trying to get Tor to get her home, but you know how she is stubborn, just like the rest of those girls in this family." Boss tells us, I had tuned out as they were talking. I couldn't help but think of the last night I saw Maria, she was sitting in the hospital bed looking down at her hands as the doctor came in to check her over once again. She didn't let the male doctors or male nurses touch her after what they did to her back in that basement. She only let me be near her other wise her uncle and cousins had to be on the other side of the room.

She thought I was safe and I was, I would never hurt her.

But a few days later when I went to check up on her I got told she got discharged and went into rehab. I tried to contact her but she never answered or returned any of my calls.

I ran a hand through my hair as I left the room once church was done, walking to my room wanting to be alone.

-----------
Enjoy