B4/C2

Rider

"Daddy!" I hear when I walked through the doors of the clubhouse after Moana had left, I shook my head slightly not wanting to be involved with the mess between Digger and his girl. I looked up to Shadow running to me, I lift her up into my arms as she wraps her tiny arms around me.

I would never regret saving this little girl, she became my life since I didn't have a woman to come home to. When I looked into that car that day seeing Shadow lying in her car seat crying because her biological family had left her, I knew I had to save her.

"Hey baby" I said giving her a squeeze, kissing her head. "Have you been good for grandma Ruby?" I asked her as she nodded her head yes.

"I want to show you my drawings" she squeals, wiggling to be put down as she takes my hand and walks over to a booth she had her drawings set up next to her coloured pencils. Ruby gave me a small smile as I took a seat as Shadow showed me all the drawings she did with a smile on her face.

"Church!" I heard Alessandro yells out, I let Shadow know that I would be back before kissing her head and leaving her with Ruby. Sighing to myself as I took my seat at the table while the others all piled in after me.

"Alright boys we have another shipment coming in a weeks time. Rider gather whoever you want to take" Alessandro says as I give him a nod. The meeting went on for about an hour when Digger decided to speak up.

"Who the hell was that chick that I got punched by?" He says rubbing his jaw which now spotted a bruise.

"Moana.." everyone turned to Cliff when he said her name. "She's my cousin" his hands run down his face.

"Cousin or no cousin what the fuck was she doing here?"

"Ma said she was looking for Lucy" Niko says putting out his cigarette. "How come you never told us about her?" He turns to ask Cliff.

"Never came up.. just I hadn't seen her in a very long time. Moana's father is a gypsy so they would travel around heaps, never stayed in the one place for too long." He says staring at the table in front of him.

"Is she going to be trouble?" Alessandro asks Cliff.

"When we were little we would get into a lot of shit but now? I have no idea what she's like.. last time I saw her and had a decent conversation with her that would last for more than a second was when we were 15-16."

"I want to you to find out more before she gets to involved with this club" Alessandro says as Cliff looks up giving him a nod before taping at his laptop.

It was late at night I had been sitting at my desk when I heard Shadow standing in the doorway rubbing her eyes. "Daddy" She says softly, I looked up giving her a soft smile I place my pen down on top of the map and held my arms open for her to come over. I lifted her up and placed her on my lap while she placed her head on my chest wrapping my arms around her.

"I love you daddy" she says softly mumbling.

"I love you to baby" I run my fingers through her hair and it didn't take that long before she had fallen asleep. As I looked at the map I hated that I had to be away from Shadow for more than a week and the ran that was coming up was going to take two weeks and more. I was hoping it wouldn't.  I sighed to myself as I stood up carrying Shadow in my arms as I walked back to her room.

As I placed her down in her bed I pulled the blankets over her body as I kissed her forehead goodnight once again before I left the room.

I was glad to be home.

It was great being on the road but sometimes you need to come home.

———————
Enjoy!