Chapter 19

Maria

The cabin..

I hadn't been here in years.

10 years to be exact.

I was 10-11 years old and we had come up here for a family vacation. Stella, Ángela and I were running out the back near the woods as our parents were sitting on the back deck watching over us. I remember this used to be the families favourite spot but now no one comes out here unless they wanted to get away for a few days.

As I stepped out of the SUV I took it all in, the smell of the forest, hearing the birds chirps. "Ma what are we doing here?" I asked my mother as I helped her out.

"Sweetheart we are doing this for you baby, so let's get inside and the girls and I will explain" she says tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, I bit my lip nodding at her as she links my arm with hers.

I take a seat on one of the couches, I look around everything was the same photos of family members on the walls even the club had photos on the walls.

"Sweetheart we brought you here because we want to help you, being at the rehabilitation it didn't work for you. So Ángela came up with this, you loved being here and being outside so we thought it could help getting off the... drugs" my mother says squeezing my hand I could see the tears in her eyes as she spoke. She hated that I had become an addict and I wouldn't blame her I hated it to. But I needed to do this, for my family but mostly for myself.

"We want you to be happy without using, like how you used to be. Maybe you could finish off college like you wanted to" Ángela says giving me a soft smile, I knew they meant well.

I looked down at my hands biting my lip thinking about it all. When I looked up at my mother I gave her a nod. "O-okay.. I'll do it."

"That's great sweetheart, I am proud of you" my mother says giving me a smile.

"Someone is going to stay here with you to keep you company and to make sure you are safe and we have brought you a bag of clothes and other things" Ángela says when a few guys walk inside, I nodded again.

I knew this was going to be hard for me, I was already sweating and I felt hot even though it was cold. As I ran a hand through my hair I asked who was going to be staying with me.

"Doc will be staying" Niko spoke as he walked closer to me. I snapped my eyes up at him, narrowing my eyes at him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you didn't want me here... what was it that you said to me... ahh yes maybe I shouldn't of return" I said.

"I am sorry about what I said the other day, but you never answered my question"

"That's because I don't have to Niko!" I yell at him "and I don't need Doc here"

"Well baby cousin sorry to disappoint you but he will be here since everyone else will be busy" Niko says giving me a smirk. I looked to my mother but she shakes her head no.

"Sorry sweetheart but he knows what his doing with type of stuff. So please listen to him and do as he says, it will help you get better" my mother says moving a piece of hair away from my sweaty forehead.

****

It had been hours since everyone left and I went to one of the bedrooms to lay down, I could hear Blade out in the living room with the tv on but I couldn't bring myself to go out there and join him. I had been feeling sick as soon as everyone left, the sweating never stopped but I left so cold but yet so hot. I grabbed the blanket as I wrapped it around me walking out of the bedroom towards the back door.

A few minutes after I sat down I heard the back foot open when I looked up from where I was sitting I saw Blade step out onto the deck and taking a seat next to me.

"Here have some of this, it'll help a bit" he said as he pulled out a bag of what looked like weed, he lights a joint handing it to me.

I pull my legs up to my chest as I smoke the joint, it did make me feel a little better but I could still feel the sickness. It had been at least 10 minutes before anyone spoke it was kinda nice just to listen to nature that was around us. It was sunset by now so the sky was orangey pink with a few clouds in the sky.

"Why did you leave.." Blade said cutting through the silence. As I looked over at him he was already looking back at me so I looked to the floor sighing before I spoke.

"I-I couldn't take it anymore... just everything was reminding me of what happen. I... Ugh.. I tried really hard to overcome it but I couldn't and I am still reminded to this day of what they did... I was only 18 Blade I was starting college, I lost my innocence that day. They took it without me saying so..." I felt the tears drip down my checks before I even stopped talking.

"I couldn't even stand to be near a man after that happen" I said shaking my head.

"That's not true Maria I was there for you" he said as he takes the joint out of my hand and has a puff of it before giving it back. "You couldn't be near any guy but me. I'm not sure why"

"I'm not sure either... maybe because you were one that took me out of that room." I said but after I mumble to myself "like a knight in shining armour...." but I must of said it loud enough for Blade to hear because he chuckled shaking his head.

Being here alone with Blade was going to be hard on my part because I knew my feelings would become stronger even time I'd spend some time with him. But how can I tell if he likes me back? Will I ever know? Or am I just a broken soul...

————————
Enjoy!