B5/C7

Shadow

Once I pulled up to my grandparents house I got out of the car with Moxxi following after me as I went to greet my grandparents she went off sniffing around.

"There's our girl" my granddad says walking over to me with a walking stick. My grandfather looked just like my dad except more grey, they both had the long hair. My grandmother stood at the top of the porch steps wiping her hands on a tea towel. My grandfather wraps his arms around me I smiled as he kisses my head.

I take his hand and lead him towards the house, helping him up the steps I get pulled into another hug from my grandmother. "I've missed you so much darling" she says. "come in"

"I've missed you both" I said as I held the door open for pops.

"What brings you out here darling?" My grandmother asks as my grandfather sits in his chair.

"Just wanted to spend some time out here with you guys" I smiled but I knew they could see right through me.

"Mhm, spill" my grandfather says.

I sighed as I sat on the couch "Brax and I haven't been spending as much time together since I had been practicing for my dance recital. So the other day I had the recital and Brax promise me that he would be there but he wasn't..."

"Did he have things for the club to do?" My grandfather asks and I shook my head no, so I told them what had happened between Brax and I.

"Oh darling" my grandmother says taking my hand squeezing it. After a while of sitting there talking to them, we had afternoon tea together out the back where Moxxi had been chasing the birds around.

I had showed them my dance that my mother had recorded, they told me how proud they were for me and that I did amazing job. It was getting late when I decided to head to bed with Moxxi following after me I said goodbye to both of them with a kiss on the cheek.

***

My pop was sitting out the back reading the local paper and drinking a cup of tea that my nan had made him. "Sleep well?" he asks giving me a smile as he places his newspaper down.

"yeah I feel relaxed here" I said kissing his cheek before I take a seat.

"Good, your always welcome here you know that"

I give him a nod before my nan walks out with a plate and a glass of OJ, she places it down in front of me giving me a wide smile. "Thank you nan"

"No worries darling. So how is school going?"

"It's good, I have a few projects coming up but I am glad my dance recital is out of the way." I said before I got stuck into my breakfast.

After breakfast I got dressed and took Moxxi for a walk around the pond. I had my camera hanging around my neck, taking photos around me. I took a seat at the end of the dock while Moxxi laid down next to me, I couldnt help but think about what had happened over the last couple of days.

Was our friendship over?

Did I just ruin a 15 year friendship?

That was all kept running through my mind just like how Brax just stood there while I said all those things to him, or the fact that he broke his promise because he wanted to have sex.. Every time I kept looking about it my heart broke even more.

Was it wrong of me to want my best friend at something I love doing?

I had to wipe the tears away when I answered the phone forgetting to look at the caller ID. "Hello?" I sniffed.

"Bub?..."

I sighed closing my eyes letting the drops of tears run down my cheeks. "Bub please... don't hang up, just listen please"

Braxton

I could hear her cry over the phone as I was sitting on the grass. I had been sitting here for hours looking at my phone debating whether I should call Shadow or not. I knew she went somewhere but didn't know where, Rider and Moana wouldn't tell me either.

It had been days since everything happened and I was beating myself up badly for it. I had watched her dance and she looked beautiful preforming it even through it was with her dance partner Tom, she danced beautifully. I couldn't help feel broken when they shared the kiss at the end.

I wasn't sure if it was part of the whole thing or not. So I had taken a ride to our spot, to the waterfall.

"Bub I'm s-so s-sorry" I said, I had to clear my throat so I wouldn't stutter but it wasn't helping. I hated that I had a stutter, I was teased about since I was little, even my biological father teased me about it. I shivered at the thought.

"I-I know I m-made you upset, I-I'm so sorry.." I said getting frustrated with how I was stuttering.

"Brax.." I hear her say as it made my eyes closed.

"Please let m-me say this.. I-I have been a horrible friend.. I-I don't deserve you. I-I have treated you like shut for years but I-I was so scared you were going to get hurt and get taken away from m-me"

I heard her sniff and I knew she was crying again and it made me have tears in my eyes "I'm already in this life whether I liked it or not, I can get more in trouble because of who my mum is.." she sighs before going on "you should of just told me to back off and I would of, I could of left you alone.. you don't need someone like me I'm just keeping you back right.."

"Bub.. don't say that.."

"It's true right... you need someone like Emma who knows that their doing..."

"Bub.."

"No it's okay.. I'm fine with it.. I'll just stay away. I hope I didn't ruin your chances with Emma..."

"No wait Bub! Shadow!" I yelled through the phone but she had already hanged up letting out a growl before I screamed "fuck!"

I was pissed off with myself. I hated how my feelings came into this. I hurt the only girl who had been by my side and now I think I have lost her...

I just sat there watching the water fall as my own tears fell.

—————————

Enjoy!