Chapter 17

Blade 'Doc'

I followed Maria out of Fallen Angel I knew something was wrong when she heard the words from Niko, It was a little harsh that he told her that. Sighing I turned around as soon as I couldn't see her car anymore, I walked inside straight towards Niko and Clayton who were standing at the bar talking to Lucy.

"You gotta give me some answers Lucy, where did she go? What was she doing?" Niko says leaning over the bar but Lucy shook her head no.

"I am not telling you Niko. Maybe you should leave her alone" She says leaning over the bar glaring at Niko. "She's my best friend and now you ran her off to God knows where."

"Do you know who you are talking to?" Niko asks raising an eyebrow.

Lucy just laughed at that making me look at Clayton with a raised eyebrow which he returned because no one spoke like that to him because everyone knew how much power he had. Lucy left Niko looking dumbfounded as she walked away shaking her head.

"What the hell is going on with the girls?" Niko mumbles to himself as he turns to us. "Did you know she was taking anything?" He asks me.

"I knew about the other night but nothing before that. I hadn't spoken to Maria since before she left you know that." I said as he sighs to himself running a hand over his face.

"If she is using we have to help her." Clayton says "I am sure Angela and Stella know, were going to have to ask them about it all" which he turns on his heel and walks up the stairs towards the office, we all followed him.

Angela looks up from the walk she was doing "Hey baby" she smiles as Clayton walks over to her giving her kiss, I kept back towards the door as Niko took a seat in front of her desk.

"Do you know if Maria is using?" Niko gets straight to the point and that made Angela look from Clayton to Niko, giving him a nod.

"Yes, but she hadn't been using for a while. Why's that?" Angela asks tilting her head to the side placing her pen down.

"She came in here, off her head high held a knife to my throat than walked out of here" I could see Niko was struggling to keep calm as he turned his hands into fists.

Angela nods her head "I guess we need to get her before she does something. I'll call ma to see if she can stock up the cabin we are going to need to find Maria and get her there for detox and it's not going to be pretty." she says as Niko nods his head.

"I may of said something bad as well" he sighs making Ángela looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"Great..."

******

Maria

I just kept driving and I didn't know where I was going or how far away from home I was. What Niko had said just kept replaying through my mind which was making me think about everything. All the nightmares seeing each of the guys faces that tortured me, that raped me, that drugged me to the point I couldn't even feel the beatings that they gave me every day while I was tied to that bed.

Maybe I should have stayed away...

So I pressed my foot down to make the car go faster, waving in and out of the traffic. I heard my phone start to ring but I ignored it as I broke the speed limit, I knew I was crying as my eyes blurred but I wiped the tears away with one hand as the other held the steering wheel.

I knew I wasn't good enough to be there, I knew I wasn't welcomed back to the home that I grew up in...

I wished I could turned back time to when we were little when my grandfather Luca and Grandmother Angel were around. God I missed them so much they made life easy, I could go to them and tell them how I was feeling but now? I didn't have anyone...

But then my mind went to Blade... after my grandparents died I had meet him when he joined my uncles' MC. He was the quiet type like he had his own past filled with nightmares of his own.

Before I knew it, it was dark but I could see red and blue lights flashing behind me when I looked in the review mirror.

"Fuck" I say to myself as I pull off to the side of the road. As I turned off the car I waited for the police officer to get out of the car and walk up to my window.

"Step out of the car miss with your hands where I can see them" I hear someone tell me and I do as I was told holding up my hands but the next thing I knew I was getting slammed up against the car, handcuffed and thrown into the back of the police car.

——————

Enjoy