B5/C17

Shadow

"I sentence you, Mr. Moretti, for 3 years for the assault of Tom O'Brien."

As the words left the judges mouth I broke down in tears holding my mother's and Eva's hands. I watched as the guards handcuffed Braxton and walked him out of the room. I hadn't been able to see or speak to Braxton for 3 days and I was going crazy worrying, but he looked so handsome in his suit.

My heart broke in two.

I couldn't form any words as I slowly followed behind with everyone. When I was at the police station I did mention that Tom had hit me but he was only given a fine for that.. it didn't even matter that he had laid a hand on me and that Braxton came over to defend me.

When we got to the clubhouse I ignored everyone as I walked into Braxton's dorm.

****

Over the next month, I hadn't been able to go see Braxton he wasn't allowed to see anyone for a whole month. Today I was finally able to see him, I was excited. All this month I hadn't gone to school or dance, I literally did not care.

I had a phone call yesterday from one of the dance schools that had seen my dance a few months ago, they wanted me to join them next year. When I told my mother she had asked me what I was going to do and to be honest I didn't know what I was going to do.

As I waited for Braxton to come out, I was sitting with his mother and father. A few minutes later Braxton's walks into the room in an orange jumpsuit, his hair was cut shorter but he looked good for being in here for a month. As soon as he saw us he smiled, I let his parents hug him first before I could the chance to. "Oh baby look at you," his mother says grabbing his hand.

Over 30 minutes we all spoke to him telling him how much we missed him and loved him. I got the last 5 minutes with him I was finally able to tell him that I got accepted into a dance school but it was in a whole other state.

I had told him I wasn't sure about going and he understood but when it was time to go I was crying, gave him a kiss and hug before the guards took him away back to his cell.

***

It was the same every time I went to see him every week for 6 months till today when he walked in. He only gave me a hug and not the usual kiss, I even tried to grab his hand but he wasn't having it.

"Have you decided about school yet?" he asked.

"I think I might not go and help out your mother in the office and the bar at the clubhouse" I said to him.

"Hm. I think you should go great opportunity for you to get outta here"

"What's this all about..?"

"I'm not getting out anytime soon Shadow.. I just think we should take a break right now.." he says looking at me with no emotion on his face.

"W-What..?"

"I don't want to see you Shadow, why can't you get the hint.. I'm in here because of you all you were was just some pussy I'd like to fuck" he says shrugging his shoulders like he didn't care, like he didn't just break my heart.

I looked at him in shock, I couldn't believe what he had just said. Braxton didn't even wait for the whole 30 minutes he just got up and just left me sitting there, I slowly got up and walked out of the prison.

When I got in my car, I cried for what feels like hours. My heart was broken. It felt like I couldn't breathe, but it was true I was the one who got him 3 years..

I started the car and headed home.

"You were just some pussy"

It all kept running around in my head over and over again.

"I'm in here because of you"

I ignored everyone's phone calls and texts for the rest of the day, I was lying on my bed staring at the dance school brochure that they sent to me. I had only one more week to send in my response before the cut off.

I looked over my shoulder when I heard someone walk into my room, my mother walks over to sit down next to me. "What happen baby?" She asks moving some of my hair out the way.

"Braxton b-broke up with me"

"Oh baby.. I'm sorry"

"H-he said I should go" I said grabbing the brochure I opened it up.

"Maybe you should, your dad and I can always come and see you every month. I know you will love it, this was your dream since you were a little girl but whatever you pick your dad and I will always support you no matter what" she says squeezing my hand.

I sighed as I nodded my head asking her to get my laptop off my desk. Once she hands it to me she sits on the other side of my bed as I put in my response, when it was done I lay my head on her lap silently crying as she runs her hand through my hair.

I guess I needed to move on with my life..

——————————
Enjoy!