Roderick Strong

It's New Year's Eve, and as usually you and Adam are throwing a huge party. You are currently at the store with Roderick picking up some drinks and cups as well as some snacks.

"I've got the cups." You throw a few packages of solo cups into the cart as Roderick takes a bottle of vodka off of the shelf.

"Great, I'll check it off the list." Roderick sets the bottle down in the cart and crosses both items off of the list.

"What is left?" You slide next to Roderick at the front of the cart and look over his shoulder at the list in his hand.

"Snacks," Roderick replies. "Kyle wants chips, and your brother said get candy." He explains.

"I'll go get the candy then." You go to head off to the candy aisle when Roderick stops you.

"Wait." He stops you before you get out of the aisle. "I've got an order I have to go pick up, can you finish up here and meet me in the car?" He asks you.

"Sure." You nod and take the list from Roderick.

Roderick nods and heads off to pick up his package. You walk over to the chip aisle and wonder what he's picking up. You grab a few bags of chips and then some assorted candy as well as one more bottle of vodka just in case and head to the checkout.

After you pay for everything you head out to your car and start loading bags into the back. You are down to the last bag when you spot Roderick stuffing something small into a larger bag that came from the mall across the street.

"Your package come?" You ask curiously as you close the trunk.

"Yeah." Roderick nods his head. "You ready to go?" He asks you.

"Yep." You nod and pull your keys out of your pocket.

You and Roderick head back to your place with the groceries. You wonder what kind of package he had to pick up but decide not to worry about it, you have a party to plan after all.

The two of you pull into your driveway and each takes a few bags then head inside to the kitchen. You find Adam in the kitchen messing with your surround system.

"Be careful with that." You warn him. "It wasn't cheap." You walk over to the counter and set your bags down.

Roderick sets his bags down then dismisses himself for a bit, you furrow your brows at your boyfriend's weird behavior today, that is until Kyle comes over to you and starts helping unload bags.

"Thanks, Kyle." You thank I'm and start setting up snacks and some other stuff.

After getting most of the food and drinks set up you decide to help your brother out with the stereo since he seems to be having some issues with it. You walk over to Adam and snatch the remote from his hands.

"How is it I'm both the smart and the good looking sibling?" You ask him with a grin.

"Hey, hey!" Adam huffs. "I'm the attractive sibling." He protests. "Right guys?" He turns to Bobby and Kyle on the other side of the room.

"Sorry, bro." Roderick comes into the room with a light chuckle. "Gonna have to go with Y/N on this one." He kisses your cheek lightly as he passes you.

"Hey, you don't get an opinion on the subject," Adam replies.

You giggle and finish up messing with the stereo than go decide to change into something other than sweatpants and a shirt. You slip into the bedroom and change into a pretty sparkly top with some boots and a nice pair of fitting jeans. You then quickly curl your hair and add some jewelry and are ready for the party.

When you come back out to the main room you find that the boys have added decorations and set up the pool table and a beer pong table as well in the main room.

"Place looks good." You comment as you stand in the middle of the room.

"You look even better," Roderick replies as he puts up the last banner.

"Oh stop." You shake your head and giggle.

"Yeah, stop." Adam agrees with you.

A bit later and people start filing in through the front door, you greet a few of your friends and decide that it's time to turn the music on. You flip on the stereo and turn it up then decide to mingle a bit. You spot Johnny Gargano and his wife Candice and walk over to them.

"Candice, I love that top on you." You compliment her with a grin.

"Thanks!" Candice grins wide as usual. "You look gorgeous tonight too." She repays the compliment.

The three of you talk casually for a few minutes then you are back on your way through the house, greeting people as you go along. You see Adam's girlfriend Britt in the corner and walk over to see how shes doing.

"Britt, glad you could make it." You greet her with a hug.

"Thanks, Y/N." Britt hugs you right back.

"No problem, hows my brother been treating you?" You ask her casually.

"Fine." Britt laughs. "And hows Roderick?" She asks you right back.

"We've both been good." You nod your head. "Though he was acting kind of weird earlier today." You take a sip from your cup.

"Oh." Britt nods her head.

You and Britt catch up a bit and then part ways, you decide to find where Roderick has gone off to since it's getting awfully close to midnight now. You find him over in the kitchen talking to Kyle with a nervous look on his face.

"Hey babe, Kyle." You walk over to the two of them and pat Roderick on the back.

"Hey Y/N, well I'm gonna go, Roddy." Kyle nods to you then takes off.

Kyle leaves the two of you alone and Roderick turns his full attention to you, it's less than five minutes until the ball drops and the new year rings in.

"Babe, come on." Roderick all of a sudden grabs your hand and leads you to the outside patio where it's much quieter.

"What's up Roddy?" You furrow your brows as you step outside with him.

"Sorry, I've been acting weird all day." Roderick rubs the back of his neck. "I've been kind of a wreck all night because........well because of this." Your heart jumps when Roderick sinks down onto one knee and pulls a black box out of his back pocket.

"Oh my god." You speak in a hushed tone.

"Y/N L/N, would you do me the absolute honor and privilege of making me the happiest man alive this new year, and marry me?" Roderick asks you.

"I.........YES! OF COURSE YES!" You squeal, tears almost daring to fall from your eyes.

Roderick mouths silent yes and stands back to his feet, he slips the ring on your finger as people inside begin the countdown.

"That was some proposal." You giggle, unable to contain your excitement.

"And it's about to be some kiss too." Roderick grins and pulls you in.

People inside the house go nuts as midnight hits and you pull your new fiance in for the kiss of a lifetime. Unable to be happier than this moment right now.