MJF

"Do you mind?" You are in the middle of a match on WarZone in Cody's living room when all of a sudden his annoying little protege blocking the view.

"Video games? Do you ever go outside?" Max scoffs at you, still in front of the tv.

"I'm about to kick your ass outside if you don't move!" You warn as you try your best to see past Max at what's going on in your game.

"Ha, big talk for someone who's always behind a screen." Max laughs and still refuses to move.

"Maxwell Friedman if I die on this winning steak because your entitled little rich boy ass won't move so help me God." You screech and stand to your feet.

Brandi comes into the room at the sound of a commotion.

"Brandi, tell your husbands little lap dog to go somewhere." You look over to your sister to solve your problems for you.

"Cody's looking for you in the back Max." Brandi nods to the back of the house and sends Max on his way.

Max finally gets out of the way and you spring back into action. You, of course, die soon after and throw your headset down in defeat.

"Idiot." You mumble about Max and exit back out to the game lobby.

Brandi comes over and sits on the couch with you, handing you a drink in the process.

"You know you two should really try to get along." Brandi makes an attempt at getting you to make peace with Max.

"Get along? With him? Ha, no." You laugh and shake your head. "He's obnoxious and entitled." You sneer.

"He's also the same age as you and a good enough guy if you give him a chance," Brandi replies.

"Good guy? Are we talking about the same Max?" You laugh again.

"Well I think that he likes you," Brandi replies. "And I also think that deep down maybe you like him to."

"Not a chance." You shake your head again. "Aren't we suppose to be going dress shopping for the party tonight?" You change the subject before Brandi can continue prying.

Brandi nods and the two of you head out to go dress shopping as you said. Cody is throwing a party at the house for AEW and you both need new dresses.

In the backyard, Cody sits on the patio throwing a tennis ball for Pharoh when Max joins him.

"Brandi said you wanted to see me?" Max walks over and takes a seat next to his friends and mentor.

"She did?" Cody replies and chucks the ball across the yard again for Pharoh.

"Yeah, did you not need me?" Max furrows his brows.

"Not right now no." Cody shakes his head. "Her and Y/N were just about to go dress shopping, I've already got a suit for the party so I'm good."

"Oh." Max nods.

Cody glances over at Max and thinks about why Brandi would get Max out of the house for no reason. Then he remembers that you're home. Or at least you were.

"You know that one of these days Y/N's either gonna kick your ass or fuck you if you keep messing with her right? Or is that the plan?" Cody turns his body over to Max curious to see his reaction.

"What? No." Max shakes his head. "Bothering her is just easy." He insists.

"Mhm." Cody nods and takes the ball from Pharaoh again. "Just play nice with her tonight, okay?"

"I will." Max nods.

In town, you and Brandi are browsing the clothing racks and gossiping as you shop.