Hangman Adam Page

"Thanks for agreeing to come with me, Adam." You pull your car into the mall parking lot and lock it up behind you.

"No problem." Adam waves his hand. "I'm just happy to get out of the house, to be honest." He chuckles lightly.

"Ugh, I know." You laugh with him. "And who doesn't like Christmas shopping?"

"I mean, it's not my favorite thing in the world. But I'd rather shop than sit at home alone for another night." Page shrugs.

"Well, I promise that I'm tons of fun." You laugh and pull a Christmas list from your bag.

"I believe you!" Page laughs with you.

You head for the main entrance to the mall complex and take a glance at your list. The first thing you need to get done is to check on the watch you plan on getting your younger brother.

"Okay, first things first. Jewelers." You make a right once inside and head for the shiny window of the jewelers.

"Jewelers? Expensive taste much?" Page jokes as he walks next to you.

"Hey! It's for my little brother. He's been going to a bunch of job interviews as of late and has been complaining about not being able to afford a nice watch to wear." You explain. "I make plenty of money working, so I figured it Venice of me to get him one."

"Wow, that's very nice of you." Page nods.

"I know, I'm a great sister." You grin.

Page idles and looks at the various watches and rings in the display case while you talk to the lady at the counter about the engraving you want.

"You a watch guy, Adam?" Page jumps a bit when you slide behind him while he's looking at some watches.

"Sometimes." Adam nods as he collects himself. "When I see one I like." He eyes up a silver band watch in the case casually.

"I'll keep that in mind." You joke. "Anyway, the lady said the engraving will take about an hour or so." You explain. "So I guess our next stop is the dress shop I really like a little down the way." You nod to your left this time.

"Dress shop?" Page questions.

"Yeah, for Cody and Brandi's holiday party this weekend?" You nod. "Didn't you get invited?"

"Oh." Page rubs the back of his neck. "I did yeah, but I wasn't planning on going." He shakes his head.

"No? Why not?" You furrow your brows curiously.

"No date." Page replies dryly. "Not really fun to be the only one there without one."

You nod as you walk by various kiosks. In the time you've known Page you've always known that he's not much of a party person. But to miss Cody and Brandi's holiday party?

"I wasn't planning on bringing a date." You shrug. "Why don't we go together? I'd hate for you to miss out on all the fun because you couldn't find a date." You suggest.

"Oh, you don't have to do that." Page waves his hand insistently.

"Nonsense." You scoff. "I want to. Come on!" You urge him on. "What's wrong with two good friends hanging out together at a party in matching outfits?"

"Matching outfits?" Page chuckles.

"Of course!" You nod. "If we're going together we gotta make sure we go in style right? Come on, you can help pick out my dress." You grab the grumpy blond by the arm and drag him into the store

Inside the store, you make your way over to a rack with some dresses that are Christmas colors.

"Hmm? What do you think Page? Green or red?" You finally let your captive go with a grin.