Darby Allin

"Kris!" You pop into the woman's locker room to change and find one of your best friends sitting on a bench lacing her boots up.

"Y/N." Kris greets you with a boop on the nose like she usually does along with a bright smile. "How've you been?"

"Great!" You reply and take your clothes out of your bag. "My little vacation was great, but man am I glad to be back."

"Glad to have you back." Kris nods her head. "We missed you hear, especially a certain blond." She teases you with a laugh.

"Certain blond?" You furrow your brows. "What do you mean?" You shake your head in confusion.

"You'll find out." Kris boops your nose again with a wide grin then skips off without another word.

"Weirdo." You laugh aloud with another shake of your head, you've always loved Kris's ability to stay strange in her own quirky way. "I wonder what she meant?" You think yourself and get dressed for work.

A little bit later into the night you are walking down the hall on your way to the ring for your match with Big Swole for your first night back when you run into another mutual friend. Kenny.

"Ken!" You greet the taller man with a hug.

"Y/N! Glad you're back" Kenny engulfs you in a hug. "You have a nice vacation?" He asks you casually and lets you go.

"It was great Kenny." You nod. "Thanks for recommending New Zealand by the way."

"No problem." Kenny shakes his head. "Anyways, we're all glad that you're finally back. Some of us more than others." He clasps you on the back lightly then dismisses himself back to the locker rooms.

"What?" You think to yourself again. "Who is SO happy to see me back?" You wonder to yourself again as you head down to the ring.

You get down to the ring to find Swole already waiting for you. You slip into the ring and circle her and chat while you wait for the show to come back from the commercial and the bell to ring.

"Y/N, that tan looks amazing on you girl." Swole compliments you while the two of you stare each other down.

"Thanks!" You nod your head, wearing a fake scowl on your face.

"I know one person that is REALLY gonna appreciate it." She comments.

Before you can ask who she means the bell rings and Swole lunges at you. You and her go back and forth for a while until you finally decide to end it and pick up a win since you know that you're running out of time in your match anyway. You pin Swole and pick up your first win back then slip out of the ring with her.

"Hey Swole." You catch up to her as she makes her way up the ramp. "Who is SO excited that I'm back?" You ask her. "People have been telling me that all night."

"Oh, you really don't have a clue do you?" Swole laughs.

"I really don't." You nod, hoping that she'll give you an answer.

"You'll figure it out." Swole nods her head. "He's painfully obvious I'm afraid." She insists before she takes off.

"What the hell?" You huff in frustration and decide to head back to the locker rooms.

You are walking down the hall mumbling to yourself about who could possibly so blatantly into you that everyone is talking about it when you run into someone while walking.

"Shit!" You huff when you're knocked back about a foot. "Sorry, oh Darby!" Your scowl turns into a frown when you see who you ran into.

"Y/N!" Darby cracks a smile as he steadies himself as well. "You're back from vacation." He offers you a hug.