Damien Priest

It's the wind down from the lastest NXT War Games and you are fresh off of a hard-earned win on Candice Lerae's team. You and Candie both agreed that it was a one-time thing and she appreciated the help. You were more than happy to help put the boots to the snotty Rhea Ripley.

It's now a new week though. And that means a new opportunity for you to see what kind of trouble you can get yourself into. You are wandering around backstage to see if you can stir up any drama when you spot a certain blonde you can't stand lurking around.

"Hmm." You hum to yourself as Lady Scarlet, the aggressive Karrion Kross's little girlfriend, lurks around the backstage area. "Wonder what she's up to?" You ask yourself curiously and follow behind her casually.

Your journey takes you towards the men's side of the backstage area near the locker rooms. You hang back when you spot someone nearby and slip behind a corner to watch from afar.

"Damien Priest, huh?" You watch as Scarlett observes the man in question from afar then turns tail and heads off. "Interesting choice" You nod to yourself and wait for her to pass before you leap into action.

Once Scarlett is gone you take it upon yourself to see what the self-proclaimed "Archer of Infamy" is up to as of late.

"Damien Priest, just the man I was looking for. And boy do I have a juicy piece of information for you, sir." You saunter right up to the former North American champion with a grin.

"Oh do you now?" Damien chuckles as watches you as you approach him. "It's Y/N right? From what I heard you're quite the little troublemaker sweetheart."

"Guilty." You laugh with him. "While I do love a bit of fun stirring the pot, today I've got a piece of vital information that you're dying to hear. Trust me." You bat your eyelashes innocently.

"Well consider me all ears then." Damien nods. "Whatchu got for me sugar?" He asks you.

"Well you didn't hear this from me, but rumor around the locker room is Ladu Scarlett has her eye on a certain tall dark, and handsome someone. And we all know where that delightful bimbo is, her creepy boyfriend isn't far." You provide your information with the usual levels of finesse.

Damien nods his head and runs a hand through his hair with a small sigh. Karrion Kross coming after him is the last thing he needs right now.

"I appreciated the information, shorty." Damien thanks you.

"Of course! I live to please." You nod with a laugh. "Watch your back Priest, those two aren't exactly known to play fair." You warn him as you leave.

"You forget, neither am I." Damien reminds you with a grin.

With your meddling done for the night, you decide to head back to the girl's locker room to wait out the rest of the show. On your way back you get a glance at Scarlett again, and this time she has Karrion with her. Curiosity once again piques your interest and you follow after them.

Meanwhile, out in the ring, Damien finishes up with a match against some jobber he doesn't know and is making his way back up the ramp to head backstage. He's on high alert after his conversation with you.

Sure, you could just be leading him on for fun. It wouldn't be the first time you'd done that to someone on the roster. But for some reason, Damien has a feeling that you were being genuine when you talked to him.

He makes it about halfway up the ramp when out of the corner of his eye he sees movement by the entrance. One glimpse of a head of blonde hair and he knows he's in trouble. To his surprise, Scarlett comes tumbling out to the ramp with you right on top of her.

"Y/N?" Damien furrows his brows as you and Scarlett tumble down by his feet.

"Hey." You look up for a second with a grin. "You might wanna look behind you big boy." You nod behind Damien as Karrion comes into view behind him.

With the heads up, Damien moves out of the way just in time to sidestep Karrion and they start to brawl. You handle Scarlett and run her off back up the ramp then stand and watch as Damien and Kross go at it for another minute or so.

Finally, Kross has enough and retreats for the time being. You wave to Damien as he composes himself and he nods and makes his way over to you.

"Never really took you for the type to help a fella out for no reason." Damien gets to your side breathing heavily.

"And who said I don't have a reason?" You fire back with a grin.

"Quite the little performance with Scarlett." Damien compliments you. "Who knew you could throw down like that?"

"Oh just about anyone that's ever fought with me, is all." You joke. "And hey, you're quite the brawler yourself. You might actually stand a chance at beating Kross." You tease Damien.

"Oh, I'll beat him." Damien insists. "Might be a little easier if I've got a certain someone by my side to help me out though" He adds and glances down at you.

"Oh I'd love to Damien, but we both know I dot do anything for free." You pat him on the shoulder with a smile.

"Oh, I'll make it worth your wile. I can promise you that sweetheart." Damien grabs your wrist from his shoulder and yanks it down so you turn and look at him.

A grin plays on your lips as Damien holds you in place. You know for a fact that he's true to his word.

"Fine then." You nod your head and take your arm back with a grin. "But you better be the best I've ever seen Priest."

"Oh, I think we both know I am," Damien replies with a chuckle.