||5||

"We had all the members, two guitarists, a bassist, a drummer and a keyboardist," I continued, "all we needed was a name of the group. It took us ages to pick a name but we learned something new about our parents and used that common name among them as our band name... I'm not going to tell you, but that was our name. After that, we found a place we could practice and started working, Chika learned how to write sheet music and created MP3s for us to listen to. When Zen got it, he would record a bass line and add it and then myself and Rein would create to separate guitar bit to add in, after that Nanan would add the drums. Then I'd write lyrics and we'd practice it. We started off in underground bars, doing gigs wherever we could get them."

I looked to Haruhi, she was blank. How the hell can she hold an expression like that?! She's impossible to read!

"Then suddenly we got a record deal and bam, we're all over Japan. We're touring and having a lot of fun. But with popularity comes fans and...haters," I sighed as I remembered the point our lives began to turn shitside up, "when we were 14, all of us began to get the hate stuff. It didn't affect me because I didn't care what other felt, Chika was a bit bothered but his aloof nature just disregarded it immediately. Nanan got pissed and did whatever Nanan did to blow off steam. Zen wouldn't even bother opening anything that felt sketchy to him, which was most things. However, the person it got to the most was Rein."

Suddenly I felt anger boiling up.

"They were relentless. It seemed that there was more hate than anything for Rein. His social medias were covered in them, he'd get death threats frequently and he'd get a lot of things sent to him like toads legs or some sick twisted thing like a box of blood," I clenched my fists so tight my knuckles went white, "it took a while but after two years, we finally managed to get them to stop. Turns out it was a group of people who hated us, but we weren't the only people they'd targeted. So the hate stopped, or at least...we thought it did. Myself, Zen, Chika and Nanan didn't have any problems. Rein did though, we tried our hardest to get people to stop but Rein told us that it was fine and it wasn't affecting him anymore."

"We have to do something about this!" I shouted, "You're being cyber bullied!"

"I'm fine, y/n, I promise," Rein smiled at me, I could tell that he was lying and forced him into a hug. He stiffened before breaking down, crying in my shoulder.

"You're not fine," I sighed, "remember, we're best friends, I know when you're lying to me."

"I know," he croaked, his grip tightening, "it hurts, y/n. They're so mean, I don't know what I've done to deserve all this hate. I just want it to stop..."

"None of what they're saying is true," I told him, "to be honest, you're probably the only guy who's super close to being perfect. Everyone else is just jealous. You're amazing at dancing, singing, playing music. You can act. You're popular and you're really kind and friendly. Not to mention you're handsome as hell. Who wouldn't be jealous? To be honest, I'm a little jealous, I wish I could look as good as you."

"What're you talking about?" he asked, moving away with a playful smile, "You're handsome too."

"You know, you saying that while having that expression doesn't create much belief in me," I sighed before smiling at him, "ignore them. Me and Zen are working as much as we can to block things like that, but unfortunately, it's inevitable that you're going to get things like this sent to you. We all do. Some people just can't keep their opinions to themselves."

"I know. Thanks, y/n," he smiled sadly, "I feel a bit better now."

"Rein seemed to have gotten over all the mean comments and messages, he even went as far as to joke about them with us. I didn't notice anything. I didn't notice that that smile he wore was actually a cry for help. Somehow he fooled me into thinking he was fine... No. I was just too stupid and blind to see that he was hurting," I continued, "Four months ago... Rein committed suicide because of the cyber bullying and all the hate. He couldn't take it anymore. I found him on the bathroom floor, bleeding out. I was forced to watch him die because the paramedics were taking a thousand years to reach us and now..! Now he's gone and I have nothing! I quit the band. I refuse to go on social media now and I cut ties with Zen, Chika and Nanan along with Rein's family after his funeral. I even went as far as to change my number and then move back to the l/n mansion. I'm a terrible human and I'm an even worse best friend. How could I just...miss Rein's clear suffering..? I don't deserve to be happy... I'm not happy... If anything, I feel empty."

I sighed and finished eating my food.

"I'm done," I told Haruhi who nodded.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered, "you...lost someone precious to you... I can relate to that."

"You can?"

"Yeah. I lost my mother at a young age," she replied, "it was sudden and I hated to admit she was dead at first. I was lost without her but dad kept me going and supported me. Y/n senpai, I don't think you should've cut yourself from your past... Sure its hard to remember, but you shouldn't have buried it."

??? PoV

We listened to y/n senpai's story.

"I kind of feel bad listening in now," I sighed, Tamaki senpai pulled me down as I tried to get up, "what now, senpai? I think we should just leave them alone, y/n senpai is opening his heart up to Haruhi and only Haruhi. Its wrong to eavesdrop on someone else's vulnerable conversation..."

"Hes right," Kaoru stood up and linked our arms together, "we're going home."

"I will too," Kyoya senpai nodded.

"And us!" Honey senpai cheered before climbing on Mori senpai's shoulders, "onwards Takashi."

"OK."

"See you tomorrow, senpai," both me and Kaoru turned to Tamkai senpai before walking away to our limo waiting for us.

We sat in silence as the driver began going home.

"That guy is a disaster," I commented, "I feel bad for him..."

"Me too," my twin agreed, "though I bet this is just fuelling Tamaki senpai's need to pull y/n senpai into the host club despite the fact that he clearly doesn't like the idea of hosts. I mean-- he laughed at us. That a big enough red light."

"True..."