||37||

When I reached the beach, everyone around Haruhi, girls and host club alike, all screamed and ran away from her and Tamaki (who was holding a crab in his hand), he was frozen in place as a centipede was wiggling around on the outside of the shell like it was dancing.

Haruhi quickly picked the centipede up and tossed it to the rocks behind them.

"Oh wow," I teased, "what did that centipede ever do to you, Haruhi?"

She shot me an amused look as she dusted her hands off.

"Hey, Haruhi," the twins quickly slid over to her once the coast was clear of any insects.

"Now I know most girls aren't the bug loving type and I certainly didn't think you were but..." Hikaru started.

"Don't you think you could've been a little easier on that guy?" Kaoru finished, both of them going along with my tease.

I just sighed and walked over to Kyoya.

"Quite the commotion as usual," he muttered as he furiously scribbled something down into his black book of horrors.

"What do you even write in there?" I asked as I rested my chin on his shoulder and tried to peer in, he quickly snapped the book shut.

"Data," was all he said before he found himself more interested in a conversation the boys were having, Haruhi was now stood with me.

"I have a question, Haruhi," I glanced down at her.

"What's that?" she asked.

"Well you're not scared of bugs, so what are you scared of?" I asked her.

"What am I scared of? I don't think I'm scared of much, I just know I'm not fond of thunderstorms," she told me, "what about you?"

"I haven't really come across anything I'm particularly scared of," I replied, "and I've been faced with a lot of weird situations."

"Hey, Haruhi~" the twins skipped over to us and dragged Haruhi away. I stared in the direction she was whisked away in and just shrugged.

"Whatever they're doing, I feel it's best to stay out of it," I nodded to myself, "I'm going to take a nap. Yeah, that sounds perfect right about now. Where were those beach chairs?"

Turning around, I see the beach chairs and jog over to them, laying down on one and closing my eye. It's the perfect temperature, not too hot, not too cold. The perfect napping conditions. Let's just hope the noise brigade leave me out of their obscenely idiotic plots.

Kyoya's PoV

Seems like everyone is invested in finding Haruhi's weakness.

Well... my eyes landed on y/n who was peacefully sleeping on one of the beach chairs.

"Why am I not surprised?" I sighed as I walked over to him and looked down at him.

Reaching out, I pushed a strand of his h/c hair out of his face.

Wow, his hair is unexpectedly soft.

I noticed a frown fall onto his face and he moved slightly.

"Nightmare?" I muttered as I crouched down next to him and watched as a tear rolled down his cheek. I found myself frowning as well, what's making him cry? Is he remembering something?

Suddenly he jolted awake, startling me and causing me to fall onto my butt, he took deep breaths to calm himself down and sighed before noticing me and giving me a weird look.

"What're you doing there?" he asked with a shit eating grin on his face, "were you watching me? How creepy~"

His tone was teasing so he didn't really mean it but still... I don't like being talked to like that.

"Look who's getting cocky," I poked his arm and then stood up, "just because you're able to say whatever you want to me now doesn't mean you can go being rude."

He just stuck his tongue out at me before I reached out and wiped the tear that was still sat on his cheek.

"What were you dreaming about?" I asked him.

"I don't remember," he shrugged, "but it was painful so I have a feeling I know what it was. That day five months ago."

He just smiled at me.

"It's going to haunt me until I die," he told me, "but I'll be fine. I'm stronger than I look after all."

"You look pretty strong," I joked to lighten the mood, "I mean just look at your body, you can tell you've put work into it."

"Are you flirting with me, Kyoya Ootori?" he grinned and leaned closer to me, I just pushed his face away and sighed before noticing a group of guests coming over.

"Y/n will you come watch the sunset with us?" one of the girls asked, y/n looked at me for a moment before turning his attention to the girls and nodding.

"Sure, let's go," he smiled before walking away with them.

Damn. Stop feeling jealous, it's not like he'll end up liking them, it's pretty obvious he likes me. I mean-- it feels like that to me...

Never mind, I should probably find the rest of the guys and see if they've found Haruhi's weakness yet.