||85||

As we danced, I spoke with Haruhi and I noticed that it was like I hadn't totally disconnected to begin with.

We were able to talk and joke together so easily that it felt like just yesterday I was in the abandoned music room being subjected to suffering through the weirdness of the host clubs multiple different activities with Haruhi by my side, questioning everything that was happening along with me.

As we danced, people gradually joined in with us until the whole dance floor was packed with people dancing in synch with us.

When the song was over I was suddenly approached by pretty much every woman in the damn room, asking to dance with them.

This is very familiar.

Oh yeah, the party hosted by the host club when I first joined.

It took a while, but I successfully managed to reject everyone and make my way over to the club-- my old schoolmates? Haruhi and the guys... I don't know what to call them.

"Wow. Just as popular as you used to be," Hikaru teased.

"I bet if you and Kaoru did that weird ass twincest thing again you'd probably have the women swooning," I replied as mum walked over with Ryo. I took him back and she and dad left the room.

"Are they OK?" I asked Toru as she walked over with a frown.

"They were getting angry with each other," she replied glumly, "can't they just kiss and make up already? I'm so tempted to move in with you, y/n, it's getting on my nerves. I don't have many left."

"Whoa whoa-- I don't have room for you to move in!" I quickly shook my head, "you'd have to sleep on the sofa."

"Or you'd have to sleep on the sofa," she shot me a look.

"It's my apartment," I frowned.

"And I'm your little adorable sister," she challenged.

"They need to get back on the same wave length immediately. I'm not taking you in," I shook my head, "anyway, I'm going to do my rounds. Enjoy this weird shindig."

"Shindig?" Kaoru repeated, "who even says that anymore?"

"Me. Duh," I rolled my eyes and walked away with Ryo doing whatever the hell he was doing to my shirt shoulder.

I walked around the room, talking with people, they gushed over Ryo, then talked business, then personal things like fathers presenting their daughters at me, which I gently turned down. Though it was annoying.

When I finally managed to catch a break, I was approached by three leaders of the Zodiac.

"Zen, Nanan, Chika," I greeted them, "thank god there are some sane people here."

Zen had a woman holding his hand and Chika had a girl stood by his side respectfully keeping a slight distance. Ah, she must be the arranged marriage partner that he couldn't get himself out of. Nanan was alone.

"Sane?" Chika repeated, slightly amused, "have you met Nanan?"

"Hey, that was uncalled for," Nanan glared down at Chika. One thing that Nanan has is height. Damn he's grown. He's the same height as Mori. A giant.

Chika was only a little taller, reaching around my shoulders, if we put that in perspective of how tall I am compared to Nanan and Mori, I reach their eye level?

We all laughed slightly.

"Allow me to introduce you to my girlfriend," Zen changed the subject.

"I'm Risa," the woman holding his hand smiled, "it's nice to finally meet you, y/n, Zen has talked so fondly about you that I've been very curious about who you are for a while now."

"I see," I nodded, "it's nice to meet you as well, Risa. I hope he's not been too much trouble."

"I'm afraid I'm probably the troublesome one out of the two of us," she laughed.

"You can say that again," Zen mumbled which earned a swift chop to his head from Risa.

Oh I see. She's from the gang. I can see the trouble...

"This is my fiancée," Chika gestured to the woman stood uncomfortably by his side.

"Hikari Kurehara," the woman bowed her head, "its a pleasure to meet you, Mr l/n."

"Please, just y/n will do," I nodded to her, "it's nice to finally meet you. Chika has told me a lot about you during our recent collaboration."

It was more complaints about marrying someone he barely knew rather than compliments about the woman, so in reality, I knew nothing.

"I see," she nodded, "all good things I hope."

"All good things," I lied, Chika gave me a thankful look, "anyway, this is Ryo. My son. You guys haven't met him yet, aside Chika, of course."

"Yes, but I've seen photos," Zen nodded, "he really is just a mini double of you!"

"I know right?" I laughed, "makes me think I've got a clone rather than a son."

We all laughed and joked for a while before I excused myself and headed to Kaede and Reijin.

Satoshi was sat reading with Takano sat on his knee, the two parents were talking with some people who approached them so I went to the boys.

"Hey, Satoshi and Takano," I knelt down in front of where they were sitting, "you two OK?"

"It's boring, but we're OK," Satoshi confessed.

"I know," I agreed, "things like this are always boring."

"The birthday parties I have are always a lot more fun than this," Satoshi pouted.

"I'm sure they are," I nodded, ruffling his hair with my free hand, "how about I take you guys to the beach and celebrate my birthday just a little bit more fun over the weekend?"

"Yeah!" he grinned, "that sounds like fun."

"I'm glad you think so," I nodded as I felt a tap on my shoulder, I looked up to see Haruhi.

"You're surrounded by children, y/n," she chuckled, "but I heard your plans. Do you mind if we join?"

She pointed to Tamaki who was hiding behind her with those puppy dog eyes.

"The more the merrier. Its just a beach trip," I shrugged, standing up.

"Yay!" Tamaki cheered.

"Yeah. He's not changed a bit," I shook my head.

"Unfortunately not," Haruhi smiled, "but I love that goofball so it's fine. Oh, the reason we came over was because Kyoya arrived. He's waiting by the lake for you."

"There's a lake here?" I asked in surprise, "rich people are damn crazy. Building a whole ass lake... Damn."

She laughed and nodded in agreement.

"I can watch Ryo and these two if you like," Haruhi offered as she sat on a seat beside Takano and Satoshi.

"Much appreciated," I nodded, "that's Satoshi and his younger brother Takano. They're sons of my friends over there, Reijin and Kaede. Boys, behave or no beach."

"Yes, sir!" Satoshi mock saluted me, Takano stared at him before copying.

"Good, soldiers, I leave it in your hands," I saluted back with a serious commander expression before smiling, ruffling their hairs and then walking in the direction Tamaki pointed me in as I walked away.

He's here.

What do I say?

I guess I'll just let whatever my heart wants to say roll out. That'll be my answer. So whatever I say, I will commit to.