||21||

"So how do you know Kyoya?" I asked once we'd emptied out the club room of all the guests, changed into our uniforms and taken our respective seats.

"Why Kyoya is my fiancé, of course," the girl beamed at us brightly.

I raised a brow at her before looking to Kyoya.

Hm... His face is as hard as stone, just as usual, so if he's surprised none of us can actually tell.

Is she telling the truth? Or is she a crazy fangirl. Who even is she? We probably should've started with her name...

"You're fiancé?" Hikaru repeated.

"Kyoya senpai?" Kaoru asked.

"Of course. My name is Renge Houshakuji and I'm transferring into Ouran Academies first year class A tomorrow," she finally introduced herself.

Houshakuji. That sounds distinctly familiar. I wonder where I've heard of it before...

"Why is he sulking?" Hikaru asked as we all noticed Tamaki had returned to his moping position against the wall after changing.

"Because Mommy was keeping a secret from daddy," Kaoru replied, referring to their stupid club nicknames.

"How childish," I sighed, this seemed to make Tamaki sulk even more than he already was.

There's no saving him this time, I suppose.

"Whatever... Why does everyone insist on addressing us like we're husband and wife?" Kyoya finally voiced the question I've been wondering for a while.

"Ours is a story of love at first sight," Renge suddenly piped up out of nowhere causing us to turn our attention back to the swooning girl, "I couldn't resist the way you were adoring those flowers in the backyard when you thought no one else was looking."

Who? Kyoya?

"And how sweet it was when you reacted out to that poor little injured kitten," Renge continued.

I don't think we're talking about the same person here...

"Is she serious?" the twins asked.

"Do you have the wrong person?" Haruhi asked.

"No way! I can recognise my love anywhere!" Renge shouted as the twins were thrown into a confused frenzy and Kyoya just stood there poker faced as usual.

"He's a gentle man that doesn't hurt anyone and does anything without asking for anything in return," Renge continued her out of characteristic description of Kyoya, "he likes solitude and baths but sometimes he gets lonely..."

"By any chance," I spoke up, causing everyone to silence, "are you referring to an Otome game? If you are, do you mean that Kyoya looks similar to a character from one of those games?"

"Yes! He looks like the star of a popular dating sim: 'Uki Doki Memorial'," Renge nodded at me frantically, "you are my real life Ichijo Miyabi."

"Ah. An otaku," I nodded, "Alright. Now that's settled, I think I'll head home for the day."

I began walking forward. But I wasn't moving. I looked up to see Mori senpai holding me above the ground by my collar just as I had with Renge not so long ago.

"No fair, Mori senpai," I grumbled.

"I get it now. You're in love with that character and you're projecting that love onto me and somehow deluded yourself into thinking that we're engages," Kyoya calmly concluded, "I assume this Miyabi character also wears glasses just as I."

"So she made it up, she's not really your fiancée right?" Tamaki asked as I was dragged over to join the rest of the host club in standing around Kyoya.

To be honest. I couldn't care less.

I just want to nap...

"Well no... I don't ever remember asking for her hand in marriage," Kyoya replied, "besides this is the first time I've ever met the woman."

This startled everyone, I was also among the startled. I mean-- she must be really crazy if she can easily do this to a person she's never met before. I bet she saw Kyoya's photo or something and decided on a whim to come here. Women are such confusing beings.

"According to my research, you're in charge of managing the club, is that right, Kyoya?" Renge asked, now sat beside him with an adoring expression.

I sighed and zoned out of the conversation. I just want to nap... Why is that so hard to ask for? Just ten-- no, even five minutes would be enough.

And Mori senpai still hasn't put me down yet. He must be getting tired, I mean-- I'm not exactly light, or small so...

Apparently during the time I was zoned out, Renge had proclaimed she was now the manager but Kyoya prevented anyone from doing anything purely because it was good for his families business to keep her happy.

The next day, I'm sat at a table, alone, this time half way to sleep while the other host club members discuss whatever it was they were discussing.

Oh man, today is going to be troublesome, I already feel the headache growing.

Suddenly the smell of food hit my senses and I was jolted awake and walked over to Haruhi to see her holding a basket of biscuits.

"Can I have one?" I asked, interrupting Tamaki's really loud rant about something the twins just did.

She nodded and passed me a cookie, I took it and took a bite.

"No," I shook my head, "what the hell is in this?"

A disgusting flavour filled my mouth before I quickly grabbed a napkin and disposed of the cookie quickly.

"Disgusting. That's worse than my sisters baking, and she sucks at baking," I commented.

"They're not that bad. There is some flavour to it," Haruhi said, "You're just over exaggerating."

"Have you ever eaten a half decent cookie before?" I asked.

"Of course I have," she exclaimed, I squinted at her and leaned down so I was at her height.

"I don't believe you. I'm going to bake a cookie for you and show you what real flavour it," I told her.