Chapter 20.4

Chapter 20.4

Blindside

‘Old fool! Stop day dreaming!’

Sevan shook his head a few times when the sudden intrusion of a hard, rough voice intruded into his thoughts, snapping him out of his moment of reminisce. His eyes opened and closed a few times before moving to look at Rick Takeshi, who had a wicked smile on his face as he knew that Sevan had been shaken up by Devan’s appearance.

‘What’s wrong old man? Weren’t expecting A.D to be the one who cut you and your idiotic crew down?’, Rick asked Sevan, pushing up his red tinted glasses to hide his eyes, which had nothing but glee and mockery in them.

‘X…Please don’t rile him up again’, Devan whispered to Rick as he leaned over, a look of frustration on his face.

Devan was in no mood to carry on with this. He’d done his job and on top of that protected the students like he was told. And already he had to stop Rick’s countless attempts to find an excuse to attack Sevan. It had been a long enough day and all he wanted now was some rest….though he knew he wouldn’t be getting much when Sevan began to laugh evilly again.

‘Oh boy…’, Devan breathed out as his tired eyes fell back on Sevan, rolling them in annoyance as he watched the leader of The Order.

‘HAHAHA! You really had us fooled Devan. All of us would have never guessed it was you…considering that you were marked K.I.A 10 years ago after the bombings in South East Asia’, Sevan laughed out at Devan before raising a brow when he saw Rick snicker to his comment.

‘This is why you got to double check to make sure you get the job done…’, the young red head mumbled as he watched Anandan pullout his PDA and flip through the files on the deceased and missing, stopping on the article of Devan 2 years after the bombing.

‘You may want to look at this old friend.’ the father of the young Lieutenant and the current object of all the attention said as he handed Sevan his PDA, smirking when he watches him read through it.

At first a look of confusion was the only thing present on Sevan’s face before he began to read through the document. It was then that he realized that he had been very wrong about his assumption on Devan’s status…and that he had been very careless in the matter.

‘I-Impossible….’

‘Master? What is wrong?’, Jun Hong asks his stunned master, lightly shaking him by the shoulders to get him out of his state of disbelief.

It took Sevan a full two minutes before the information on the PDA was fully processed by his mind, a look of self-hatred immediately forming on his face which caused his members to look at him with worry.

‘Dammit! How could I have been…so careless….’, Sevan cursed himself as he showed the PDA to Jun Hong.

Jun Hong looked at the screen on the rectangular, silver read, his eyes widening when he read the letter that was displayed on it.

A.Devan oldest son of G. Anandan. Orders given to be kept under close watch at Hereford Base. Currently presumed dead after July 20XX bombings. To be trained with developmental unit, Taskforce 666, in secrecy. Order given to….

 ‘I missed this…How could I have missed this?!’

‘Well technically it was 2 years after the bombings so it’s not your fault that you thought I was still dead’, Devan explained, even then trying to save the old warrior some face as he could hear the soft snickers from the crowd of students.

Rage began to build in Sevan as he watched Devan, who was now not only seen by him as an adversary but also as a grave mistake. His carelessness had literally cost him his downfall. Sevan was going to have to redeem himself.

‘But not now…’, the voice of Damien Fujimori snaps Sevan out of his thoughts, the old captain knowing very well what his Commander was thinking.