Chapter 10.6

Chapter 10.6

Night in the Jungle

The GPS was a small rectangular device which was about the size of an average person’s palm. When turned on, a map will pop up with the previous location of the person holding it and all information from an area of 100 km from the person.

King quickly hit the relocate button to get his current position. He was about 20 kilometers from The Order Base. It was going to take him at least another day to get there.

King looked up at the sky, frowning when he saw that the sun was beginning to set. He’d probably need to find a shelter to sleep in for the night cause there was no way in hell he was going to carry Maria to the LZ.

‘I give up….’, King sighed, resigning himself to his fate.

King tapped the comms earpiece on his left ear, praying that it wasn’t damaged by the water. When he turned it on, static noise immediately started buzzing from it.

‘Oh c’mon!’

Just when King thought his last glimmer of hope had vanished, a panicked voice buzzed over the comms line.

‘zzz….KING….zzzz!’

‘Sir! That you….’, King couldn’t hear Ryder’s voice very clearly due to static.

‘Ye…ah….zzzz….It’….s….zzz….me….zzz’

‘Good to hear from you Sir!’

‘Ki...zzz…ng. You ok?’, Ryder’s asked, his voice coming out more clearly.

‘Well….Kind off…..I’ve been better’, King replied as he began pacing around the river bank, looking into the forest for any kind of shelter for him and Maria to use for the night.

‘What’s your position?’

‘20 clicks out….i suggest you guys go take a look at the base without us…..It’s gonna be a long walk’, King said as he kicked a small rock which was on the ground into the river.

‘Will you two be alright?’, Ryder asked, a slight amount of concern in his voice

‘We’ll find our way to the LZ by the departure time tomorrow, so you don’t have to worry about us’, King reassured Ryder.

‘You sure….’, Ryder checked, worried that King would get lost in the dense jungle

‘Hell yeah! Just give me till noon tomorrow…’, King replied confidently. He focused his eyes on a spot through the trees and was relieved to see a cave opening.

‘Thank you’, King thanked the lord internally before continuing his conversation.

‘Alright King, I’ll give you till tomorrow evening just in case’, Ryder said, chuckling lightly, amused by The Kings bravado.

‘Sure thing Sir…..Just one more question’, King asked, going solemn all of a sudden.

‘What is it?’

‘Did you find Ma’am yet?’, King asked, preparing himself for the worst as he did.

‘……No. The last I checked her signal was coming from somewhere around the base…..We’ll look for her when we get there’, Ryder said, a tinge of sadness in his voice.

‘I see….Thanks for the update Sir. I’ll keep you updated on our progress over the hours as well’, King replied feeling slightly relieved that they hadn’t found Anna yet, allowing him to keep praying that she somehow survived her fight with 23.

‘That good King. We’ll me….zzzzz’, Ryder voice was suddenly cut off as static filled the radio wave again.

‘Sir!’, King said into the comms piece, panicking slightly due to the sudden break in their conversation.

‘GOD DAMMIT!’, King cursed as he pulled the dead comms ear piece away from his ear. He raged on for a few minutes before taking a deep breath, trying to cool down his temper.

‘This could not get any worse!’

*BOOM!*

King was slightly startled by the loud noise. He looked up at the sky to see dark rain clouds rolling in from the west, suggesting a heavy downpour was about to happen that night.

‘I really need to learn to shut my mouth’, King mumbled to himself as he went over to get the sleeping Maria.

Maria was still deep in slumber and didn’t even realize when King picked her up in a princess style hold of the sandy ground she was lying on.

As King began moving towards the cave he felt Maria press herself closer to him, making him blush slightly as she gripped onto his wet uniform with her right hand smiling cutely as she did. If anybody had seen the two on a normal day, in normal clothes, they’d probably look like a cute couple with King being the loving and caring boyfriend carrying his sleeping girlfriend Maria like a princess in his arms.

‘I’m so glad Crown ain’t here to see this…….or else I’d never hear the end of it’, King thought as he entered the cave.