Chapter 16.5

Chapter 16.5

Game changer

The silence that filled the entire courtyard after he had spoken was so fast and so unexpected, Crown actually looked around worriedly to check if everything was alright. Everyone there was stunned by the answer he had just given. They couldn’t comprehend it.

‘Y-You’re…C-Crown!?’, Jun Hong stuttered out, slowly regaining his composure.

‘Uh yeah…..last time I checked, that was my call sign’, Crown replied calmly as he turns back to look at them.

‘As in….Taskforce 666’s Field Commander?’, Kinuyo questioned, a slight smile cracking on her lips.

‘Yes ma’am. That would be me’, Crown replied proudly as he pats the Taskforce insignia on his shirt, hidden from view by his trench coat.

‘So you’re the one…who is the source of all my problems then’

Crown smirked slightly as he looked to Sevan, who was clearly furious by the sudden appearance of one of the biggest thorns in his sides.

‘Yes sir. That would be me as well’, Crown answered him calmly, getting a huge cheer from the students who seemed to be less fearful now that a 666 member was in their presences.

‘Well, well…what an unexpected surprise’, Arisa sneered slightly, sticking her tongue out at the young soldier.

‘Well I wasn’t actually supposed to be here, but since my partner’s busy I thought I’d fill in for him for today’, the young blood said, getting a few fearful looks from The Order grunts and a few disappointed ones from the members of The Legion and the students, all of whom knew very well who he was talking about.

‘Ah…so The King was scheduled to make an appearance eh?’, Fujimori asked, scanning the faces of the students as a precaution.

‘Well he can still show, after all he is within the area. He might decide to come along and have some fun….and uh no point in looking for him, he won’t be found unless he wants to be found’, Crown told the old captain who sneered at him, causing the young man to snicker slightly.

‘So now that that’s over with I guess I should get down to why I’m here shouldn’t i?’, Crown asks as he looks at Sevan with a calm and collected look in his brown eyes

‘Well it seems to me like you’re here to stop us’, Arisa hissed.

‘Well that’s one of the reason. The other is to deliver a message’

Sevan’s brow raises slightly as he listens to Crown, slightly intrigued and slightly annoyed by him. This was an unexpected roadblock that he was finding hard to get rid of.

‘Very well then…what is it?’, Sevan finally said, sighing in defeat as he does

‘Well it’s very simple. It’s to inform you abo-‘

‘Make way!’

The sound of a warning shout distracts Crown from his duty as he turns to see a black haired student jump over the stair railings and run up the steps to his side. He was followed by a small group of students, who stopped at the bottom steps when they saw the members of The Legion and The members of The Order.

‘Maria? Helena?’

Crown turns to see the members of the Takeshi and Haganei family staring at the group, a clear look of surprise on their face.

‘And…R-Rick…Kun’, Kinuyo stutters out, a smile forming on her face as he looks at her son with love filled eyes.

Rick pants lightly as he tries to regain his breath, glancing back at his pursuers with a slight smirk on his face, knowing very well they weren’t going to give chase anymore.

‘Eh hem’

The sound of a person clearing his throat attracts Rick’s attention, making him turn to face the brown skinned male standing to his right. He raised his brow slightly as he looks at Crown, who was smiling slightly as he watched Rick regain his composure.

‘Well this is interesting’, Crown mumbles as he watches Rick stretch lightly.

‘Yeah…Kind of is’, Rick replied with a slight sneer, before turning to face the members of The Order.