Chapter 8.6

Chapter 8.6

Softer side?

King turned his attention back to Ryder, who was listening to the conversation, taking in as much info as he needed.

‘Sir, that good enough?’

‘Definately….like you said, at least we got a lay out of the situation in the base…..good job King…and Geo’

‘Thank you sir’, King said.

‘So…um…King. Now that I got the info for you, will you get me out of this god forsaken jungle’, Geo asked nervously, twitching his nose while he did.

‘I can get you out…but there’s no way in hell I can keep you’

‘Aww…why not’

‘Dude, I got four dogs back at my place….and I ain’t talking about poodles….I’m talking Great Danes and German Shepherds….they will eat you alive G-man!’

‘Yikes! You’re right…I will be dead if I come to your place…..but where can I go’, Geo asked, sulking from the rejection from King.

‘Hmmm…..where indeed…’, King quizzed as he looked around at the troops.

As King moved his gaze across the troops, he could see Team Infinity’s Helena Takeshi staring at him. Her eyes were wide open and she had a ridicules smile on her face, looking at him like a kid would look at their favorite toy. It took King a minute to realize that she wasn’t actually looking at him, but was looking at Geo.

‘Yo G…..i think we got a solution to our problem’, King said as he walked up to Team Infinity.

The troops were given the order to rest up. They would be starting the ops very soon and now the atmosphere was electric, filled with their excitement and anticipation. Amongst them, there were a few who were more hyped then the others. One group was Team Infinity.

‘Finally! It’s almost show time…..’, Elisa cheered as she checked her LMG.

‘Yep….honestly, I’m a bit scared’, Rose added loading a fresh clip into her UMP45.

‘Don’t worry Rose-chan, we’re covered. Captain Ryder said that they’re firing a EMP missile before we move in……So the enemy is the one who’s going to be at a disadvantage…..and beside, we’ve got The King on our side, so everything will be alright’, Maria said putting a reassuring hand on Roses thigh, before loading her own TAR-21 rifle.

‘Yeah, you’re right Maria-chan….we’re more than ready to take down this base, so let’s go in there and kick some ass!’

‘That’s the spirit Rose-chan. Let’s kick some Order ass….and then go home for ice-cream!’, Elisa said as she hugged Rose from behind.

‘Ok Elisa-chan….it’s on me’, Maria said as she got up to join in the group hug.

‘Helena-chan come on’, Maria said, stretching her right hand out, inviting Helena to join them.

But Helena didn’t hear her. She wasn’t even looking at them. Instead she was looking towards the cliff edge were Ryder and King were standing. Her eyes seemed to be transfixed on King.

‘Helena-chan? Is everything ok?’, Maria asked as she walked up to her, realizing that Helena had a gleeful smile on her face.

‘Eeeee…..’

‘Hel…Helena-chan….you’re…freaking us out!’, Rose stammered when she heard Helena squeal.

‘What is it Helena-chan?’, Maria asked, more forcefully this time.

‘Plushie!!!!’, Helena squealed as she pointed at King.

‘Helena-chan….that’s not…a plush toy. That’s The King’, Maria said, getting more worried by the minute.

‘Not King, Maria-chan….On his shoulder!’, Helena replied, slightly ticked off at Maria’s misassumption.

‘Shoulder….?’

Maria moved her gaze from the over-excited Helena to King, who was now walking towards them. It was then that she saw the small hamster-like beast man on his shoulder. When she did, she immediately let out a squeal which was similar to Helena’s.

‘Eeeee…..Plushie!’, Maria squealed, freaking out Rose and Elisa.

‘Ma….Maria-chan! Not you two!?’, Rose stammered, still not realizing the reason for their excitement.