Chapter 16.2

Chapter 16.2

Leap of Fate

‘It’s over Rick. You’re cornered!’, Taylor yells at his target, laughing manically as he steps forward.

‘You’d think so wouldn’t you bitch’, Rick replied, without hesitation, smirking when he sees Taylor’s face go red with anger.

‘Damn you! When I get my hands on you I’m gon-!’

‘That’s enough!’, Maria yelled at Taylor, here patience with him decreasing by the second.

Taylor growls slightly but obeys, taking a step back and letting Maria handle it as he had promised her. Now all eyes were on the British blonde, who took another step towards her cousin. But unlike before, there was no shyness in her movements or her speech as before when she stuttered like a school girl confessing to her lover. No, this time there was a calm and collected feel to Maria as she strutted up to Rick, her green eyes focused on his

‘Rick-Kun…It’s over now. You have no choice but to surrender’, Maria said softly, reaching a hand out to grab Rick’s arm.

‘Heh. That’s what you think’, Rick spits at her, before breaking the glass window behind him with his elbow.

He looks out the window, estimating the drop to be about 20 ft from where he was, before looking back at Maria. He winks at her, before leaping out the window.

Maria’s jaw dropped, just like the jaws of the others as she watched Rick jump out of a window three stories above ground.

‘RICK-KUN!’, She screamed as she ran frantically to the window, looking out just as Rick hit the tar floor below, hard.

For a few gut clenching seconds, Maria looked at the motionless body of Rick as he lay there. Tears where forming at the corner of her eyes, fearing the worse had happened.

‘No…’, Maria mouthed out as the tears slid down her cheek and feel onto her clenched fist which were on the window sill.

Just as she lost all hope that he had survived the fall, Rick’s right arm began to twitch slightly. Maria watched in disbelief and relief as Rick slowly got to his feet, groaning softly as he stretched.

‘Damn…That one hurt…’, Rick mumbled as he dusted off, before turning back and looking up at the broken window he had just jumped out off, seeing the relived face of his blonde cousin.

‘Damn it. Better leg it’, Rich thinks as he turns and runs in the direction of the main building already able to hear the sounds of cheering and jeering from the students.

‘Rick-Kun….’, Maria mumbled happily, completely oblivious to the fact that she was watching a criminal run off right before her.

Just as she snapped out of her joy infused dazed state, a loud and violent shockwave ripped through the building, startling Maria and the rest of the students there.

‘That came from the main entrance’, Taylor said as he looked out of the window, eyes widening as he saw smoke rising from where the main gate was located.

Maria squinted her eyes to try to get a better look at the entrance, but stopped when she heard the screams of her school mates coming from the main area of the school

‘Something’s not right…Let’s go’