Chapter 16.4

Chapter 16.4

Crown Holder

‘That won’t be necessary sir’

A voice, so smooth and commanding that it caused the attention of all those there to be drawn to it, says. The members of the Legion, Order and the student body all heard it. But they couldn’t pinpoint where it had come from. It almost felt like it had come from all around them.

‘Over here’, the voice is heard again, but this time from a more consolidated location.

All heads turn to the main entrance, where the owner of the voice stood. He had a light  brown skin color, light brown hair, brown eyes and a well-built lean body. His outfit was rather simple, consisting of black pants, a black long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. The students looked at him, feeling slightly calmer when they saw his friendly and warm smile, which seemed rather out of place considering the situation he was about to walk into.

He continues to watch the shock troopers and Legion members, chuckling softly as he ran his gaze across them. But out of all of them there, one person caught his attention. That person being the young vampire standing at the bottom of the stairs.

The man raises his brow slightly as he begins to walk into the compound, watched closely by the members of The Order and those of The Legion. But they didn’t move even an inch as they watched him walk past the guards. It was like time itself had stood still, like they were in a surreal environment and the existence of the young man was not registered to anyone yet seen by all.

Sevan was the first to snap out of the dazed state he was in, anger rising as her looked at his shock troopers.

‘Fools! What are you doing!? Kill him!’, He yelled at them, snapping them out of their dazed state as well.

But by then, the young man was already standing beside Sting, raising her hood slightly so he could get a clearer view of her face.

‘Hmm….So you’re Sting huh? Guess I can kill two birds with one stone today’, He mumbles before letting her hood drop back, exposing her beautiful silver hair.

Sting stared at the man blankly, unable to comprehend how he had gotten to her without her even sensing his presence or how here instincts to attack anything thing that got too close to her without permission had seemingly disappeared in front of this young man.

‘Sting! What are you waiting for?!’

The sound of Jun Hong’s voice yelling at her snapped Sting out of her trance. She took a few seconds to assess the situation, before letting out an angry growl as she swung her arm at the man, aiming her fist to connect with his face. She smiled slightly under her mask as she watched her fist near the right cheek of the perpetrator, anticipating the sound of bones breaking and flesh ripping if her attack made contact.

But that moment never came for the second her hand seemed to connect to his face, he vanished. Sting wan dumbfounded, searching around frantically for her target who had seemed to vanish into thin air. And she wasn’t the only one.

The members of The Order, The Legion and the student body were all looking around for the mysterious intruder.

‘Uhmm….’

Sting turned, a look of utter disbelief on her face as she looked at the person, who a mere second ago was standing in front of her, standing at the second platform on the way up the stairs. He waved at her lightly, a cheeky smile plastered on his face when he saw her shocked expression. He let out a soft chuckle as he turned his attention away from her and back to the members of both parties standing in front of him on the top platform.

‘Well then now that we got that over with, can we get down to business?’, he asks as he runs his right hand through his hair, scratching the back lightly as he waited for his answer.

The looks he got from both the Legion and The Order were ones mixed with surprise, confusion and a little bit of anger. Sevan was the first to speak, stepping forward slightly to address the man.

‘Who are you? Why have you come here?’, He asked in an demanding and enraged voice, making it known his presence here was not very welcomed.

The man snickers slightly as he looks at Sevan with eyes that betrayed no fear in them.

‘Well I can’t give you my name since I’m still not cleared to, but I guess if you wanted to address me…you could just call me…Crown’