Chapter 3.2

Chapter 3.2

Assault on Rakkenhima

Suddenly, King heard a high pitched whistling sound heading in the direction of the students. Seconds later a C41 missile struck the main doorway of the Rakkenhima west wing. The explosion caused the main door to crumble, trapping the students. A huge shockwave from the impact knocked the students down.

King was also slightly shaken. He stood up and checked to make sure the students were ok. From his vantage point he could see that there were no casualties and most of the students were getting to their feet. He looked out and could see a new wave of Order troops coming their way.

‘Heads up man, a second wave is coming. This time there are at least three times more Infantry men and five Giga soldiers. We also count at least two hundred Elementals’’, Crown informed him over the comms, the sense of urgency and command back in his voice.

‘Told ya it was too early’, King said teasingly as he got ready for battle, pulling his twin swords out of the shadow portal he made.

‘Yeah, Yeah. Just make sure that the students get to the shelter before you attack’.

‘Yeah about that. The C41 missile blew their only escape route to bits…... So they're stuck there’, King commented.

‘Dammit! Looks like we have no choice..... X, you need to make sure you keep the students out of the battle radius. We don’t want any casualties understand?’, Crown replied as he worked out the battle strategy for King back at the base.

‘Right I got that. I’ll be attacking in a couple of minutes once they get in the range of my Dark Matter Beams……And how many times must I tell you to call me King’, King replied as he watched the students regrouping.

He could see the leader of Team Infinity, a girl by the name of Maria Haganei if he recalled correctly, reorganizing the students so that they could make a last stand. He could see the bravery and leadership she was displaying and felt a bit of respect for her

‘Pretty brave of her. She’ll turn out alright’, he thought as he waited to make his move.

The soldiers got closer and closer.

‘Alright time to bring it’, King thought as the first three Gigas came within his firing range.

He put up his hand in their direction.

‘Elemental move….Dark Beam.’

Immediately three Dark Beams shot out of his open palm and flew towards the Gigas.

The Beams hit all three of the Gigas in their main motors with a force so powerful that the motors exploded along with parts of the Gigas. Flaming pieces of metal fell onto the Order troops crushing those standing around the Gigas.

‘This is going to be fun’, King said, tauntingly, as he lit a cigarette.

The students of Rakkenhima High watched as three of the Gigas were took down in an instant. They turned to the direction from which the beams came and saw him. The war hero that they heard so much about and dreamed of being. The King.

All of them had mixed reactions. The guys started cheering, the girls started screaming and calling his name. All fear of the troops in front of them left them as they knew they were safe now. Amongst the students Team Infinity were also showing their relief.

‘Look it’s The King’, Elisa Haganei exclaimed as she pointed in his direction.

‘I can’t believe it. We’re saved’, Rose Takashi said as she hugged Elisa.

‘No way…. It’s really Him’, Helena Takeshi mumbled, awestruck by his presence.

The only one who didn’t say anything was Maria Haganei. She just looked at him, emotions conflicting within. She was relieved that they would be save now that The King was here. But she was also angry that they had to get help from this guy. But amongst both she felt a weird sense of security and familiarity seeing the young man standing atop the roof looking at the enemy, with a calmness and ferocity that seemed almost primal.

As she looked at The King, he made his move.

He used a technique she had never seen before as he instantly teleported to the center of the Order troops. She was the only one who saw it though as the rest started looking around for their savior, who had mysteriously vanished. They only realized he had begun his work when they heard screams of pain and gun fire coming from the enemy troops. They watched on as The King began taking down The Order soldiers in what was probably the most amazing and most frightening display of power they had ever seen.