Chapter 17.7

Chapter 17.7

Calm before the storm

Rick merely snickered as he turned his head to look at Crown, who was trying to his best to hold back a laugh. After all, both of them knew that the fools in front of them had no idea how wrong they were.

‘And what may I ask is so funny?’, Fujimori suddenly snapped, feeling frustrated that they were being ridiculed by two punks.

‘Oh nothing captain…We’re just laughing at your utter lack of knowledge on the subject of the Guardians’, Crown replied to him before Rick could have another unneeded outburst, calming himself as he let his gaze run over the faces of the members of The Order.

‘We know nothing?! What bullshit! Are you saying you know more about how to obtain a Guardian type? Do you two mere younglings think that you know the way to becoming a Guardian!?’, Arisa yelled at the two, smirking when she saw their face change to ones of slight frustration.

Rick continued to stare at the Lilim for a few seconds before turning to look at Crown, raising his brow slightly when his partner turned his head to face him.

‘Should we show em?’, he asks his partner.

‘Show us what you punk! Get on with it!’

Rick turned his head in the direction of the person who had yelled at him, growling softly as he came face to face with his father.

‘I’m really starting to wonder whose fucking side you’re on pops. Just shut up and let me work’, He answered to him, a threating tone in his voice as he watched his mother try to calm his father.

Crown stepped towards his friend, moving his right hand across the front of Rick’s body and gripping on to his shoulder, giving him a soft glare as he turned to look at him.

‘X…Calm down’, He says firmly as he stared into his partner’s ice blue eyes.

Rick stared back into Crown hazel brown eyes, growling softly in defiance. But that defiance did not last long as he felt his partner’s gaze intensify, something that no one else would have caught if they were in his situation though. Rick could feel the firm, yet calm look drill into him, sighing softly as he gave in to it.

‘I really hate that look of yours, you know that?’, Rick whispered to Crown who smiled as he let go of his friend and turned to face those at the top again.

‘Well if you two boys are done, I’d be overjoyed if you would tell us how you can be so sure that we would not have succeeded in our experiments, hmm?’, Sevan asked in a sarcastic and mocking tone, making the other members of The Order chuckle softly at his words.

Crown and Rick merely stood and watched the laughing members of The Order, waiting patiently for them to finish.