Chapter 18.10

Chapter 18.10

Confrontation: Devan and Sting

Crown sighs softly as he looks back Sevan.

‘Sorry for that little outburst, it’s just that I’m a little touchy on matters concerning my predecessor. Any ways I’m done with all I have to say to you. You have until august to make your decision, I hope it will be a good one’, Crown said to Sevan before looking over at Rick.

‘Yo, X’

‘What?’, Rick asked, a tinge of annoyance in his tone

‘….I’m hungry’, He replied as his stomach let out a loud rumble.

It took a whole two minutes before Rick finally replied to his partner’s random request, laughing out hysterically before he replied though.

‘Cmon then, I’ll treat you to some of the school’s crappy food’, Rick replied as he began to walk down the steps, motioning to Crown who followed him with a wide grin on his face.

As they neared the base of the steps, Rick’s gaze drifted over to the limp and unconscious body of the vampire, Sting.

‘And what are we gonna do about her?’, he asked as he glanced back at Crown.

‘Her?’, Crown asked having completely forgotten about Sting, smiling sheepishly when Rick pointed her out, ‘Oh right. Sting’

Crown took a few quick strides to get in front of Rick before walking over to Sting. He kneels beside the knocked out vamp, poking her head before standing and looking back at Rick.

‘Well she seems to be out cold’, he states, getting a ‘are you kidding me’ look from Rick.

‘Well duh I knocked her out’

‘Oh right…Well it would have been better if she wa-‘

Crown stopped mid-sentence when he felt a slight malicious aura flow from Sting, smiling as he turned back just in time to see her spring to her feet and aim a high kick to the right side of his face.

Sting was furious and embarrassed, both emotions clear on her face from her blazing red eyes and her heated red cheeks. She could not comprehend or accept that she had been sparred by King. It was one thing to lose to him but another to let her live. To her it was a means to mock her. A ploy to trick her into joining their side. But Sting wasn’t going to fall for it. And to prove to her master that she was still loyal to him, Sting had decided to give him the head of the leader of 666. Her plan had been perfect, lying in wait for the male to walk over and then delivering a strong, head severing kick to his neck,

So now as her shin raced to meet the side of Crown’s face, a cruel smile formed on her face.

‘Time for you to die boy~’, Sting cooed in a sweet voice, just as her kick was about to connect.

‘I don’t think so~’

Sting eyes widened when she felt the speed of her kick decrease suddenly and without her consent, almost as if someone was forcing her to do it. What made it even more astonishing was that even though her speed was decreasing, Crown still hadn’t moved out of her range. He just stood there with a confident look in his eyes, almost as if he knew the kick would not connect.

And somehow, he was proven right. Sting could only watch in shock as her shin stopped an inch away from Crown’s face.

‘No….Impossible…’, She mumbled out, worry starting to take over her.