Chapter 11.7

Chapter 11.7

Her Hero

‘MARIA-CHAN! HOLD ON WE’RE COMING!’

Maria heard a voice scream out to her. A familiar voice. A reassuring voice.

Maria raised her head up and opened he eyes. Just as she did she saw two figure, about the same height as her, running towards her. She wasn’t the only one who realized it though.

‘GRAAAG!’, Kaiser barked at the two young boys who were running towards him, trying to scare them off.

But it didn’t work. The boys kept running towards Maria and as they did, Maria could make out more details of them.

One of the boys had brown skin, black hair, which was in a crew cut style, and dark brown eyes. The other one, who was running in front of the two was a little harder to see as it looked like his face was covered in some type of fog. But Maria could still make out his red hair and cream colored skin.

Even though Maria couldn’t remember who they were, she knew they were safe. That thought alone brought a small smile to her face.

‘Don’t be afraid Maria! We’ll save you’, the red haired boy shouted to Maria as he and his friend skidded to a halt in front of Kaiser.

‘Gulp…Ok we’re gonna save her…But who’s gonna save us X?’, the black haired boy asked, a nervous look on his face as his eyes followed every move of  the big dog, who looked like he was about to pounce at them any second.

‘…..alright here’s what we’re gonna do, A.D’, the red haired boy continued, completely ignoring his friend’s question.

‘X! Give me an answer first!?’, the black haired boy yelled at his friend, agitating the mutt who let out another low growl.

‘Alright, alright….Tell you what, since you’re so scared, you go get *** while I hold this guy off and protect Maria’, the red head said, with a smile that seemed out of place in that situation.

‘Oh! Ok. Yeah, sure. I’ll do that…….ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?’, The dark haired boy yelled into his friend’s ear, startling him slightly.

‘What!? You wanted a plan so I gave you one’, the red head said defensively, his eyes now locked onto Kaiser.

‘Think of something else then! That plan is gonna get you killed!’

‘Your point?’

‘X’

‘….Look we don’t have time to argue over this A.D. Maria’s in danger. Just trust me this once, ok?’, the red head whispered to his friend before turning to Maria.

‘Hold on Maria-chan….I’m coming for you’.

 The boy waved to Maria putting on a warm and reassuring smile, as if there wasn’t a huge, monstrous German Shepard in front of him. Maria nodded back to him, still too scared to say anything.

‘Guhh! Dammit X! I’ll be back for you with ***. Just don’t die ok?’, the dark haired boy said before running back the way they came from.

‘Don’t worry….I probably won’t’, the red head answered with a somewhat reassuring reply.

‘GRGG!’, Kaiser growled at the red head, turning all his attention to the noisy little brat.

‘Don’t worry doggie….I didn’t forget about you…..Lets play for a while shall we’, the red head said, almost tauntingly, as he moved towards Kaiser.

The moments that followed after were probably the most horrifying moments Maria had ever witnessed. The red head may have been acting brave, but in reality he was no match for the beast. Maria watched in mute horror as the red was tossed and thrown around by the large dog, hitting the sides of the alley at least three times and getting bitten at least five. Within a few minutes the young boy was covered from head to toe with bruises and opens wounds.

But what shocked and saddened Maria the most was that the boy kept getting up. And every time he did he would shoot her a quick wink, trying to signal to her that he was ok even though it was clearly obvious he was not.

By the time the dark haired boy returned, followed by an older boy with red hair similar to her savior’s and who was wearing red  tinted sunglasses, the young boy in front of her was on the verge of passing out due to the overwhelming pain and injuries. But even then he still limped towards her, as the older boy chased the dog away, reaching out and pulling her into his arms when he was close enough to her.

‘It’s ok Maria-chan….you’re safe now’, the red head told her reassuringly as he hugged her tightly.

That did it. The minute Maria heard his comforting words she broke out into tears, hugging the boy back in an equally tight embrace.

‘Mari….Maria’s so sorry! If Maria had listened to what her mommy had said then you wouldn’t have had to get hurt…..Maria’s so sorry…..so sorry’, Maria tried to apologies as she sobbed loudly.

‘It’s ok Maria-chan….The important thing is that you’re safe’, the red head said as he slowly patted her on the back while he embraced her.

‘Sniff….Ok. Just promise Maria you won’t do something so reckless again’, Maria asked the red head as she held on to him, not wanting to let go ever.

‘Ok…I promise’, the red head said before resting his head on Maria’s shoulder and closing his eyes for a few minutes.

The two just stood like that for a while, not caring about anything but that moment. After about 5 minutes the red hair boy started moving.

‘Uh…Maria-chan….There’s something I need to ask you…’, the red head said as he started squirming in Maria’s arms

‘Yes? What is it?’, Maria asked, showing him her sweet and innocent smile.

‘…Could you please get off me?’

‘Huh?’

[Flashback end]