Chapter 11.6

Chapter 11.6

Reminiscing 

‘KING! HURRY UP AND GET THIS ICE OFF ME…..Whoa!’

‘HAHAHA! Alright. Break…..Hey! What are you….’

In the end the inevitable happened. Maria collided into the King, as she fumbled around to get the ice off, sending both of them crashing on to the cave floor her laying on top of him. And at that moment, King had just finished giving the command for the ice to melt causing it to break off in between their pressed bodies, making the situation even more awkward as both of them squirmed against each other due to the cold.

‘AH! COLD!’, Maria screamed as she pressed herself closer to King, completely forgetting she was on top of him as her mind was only concentrating on getting rid of the cold feeling.

‘Hey! Stop that!’                                                                                     

King was trying to wriggle out from under Maria but without any luck. Instead his movements had caused a few of the ice crystals that were in between the two to fall into his shirt, spreading their coldness across his bare chest.

‘Shit that is cold! Guess I was a bit too harsh on her…. probably should warm her up to make it up to her…’ King though as he activated his fire element around his entire body, increasing his body temperature to melt the ice and warm both him and Maria.

‘Ahhh…..Warmth’.

Maria sighed as the effects of King’s fire elemental magic took effect, warming her cold body. As she was enveloped by this warmth Maria snuggled up against King nuzzling her face into his chest, without even realizing she was doing. In fact it almost felt like her instincts were complying her to do it.

As Maria breathed in King’s scent, moving her arms behind his back in an almost hypnotized state, a strong wave of nostalgia hit her. Memories which she had forgotten over the years started flowing through her mind. This phenomenon was exactly like what Maria had experienced the day before….when she was with King. And as she tried to focus on them, like the day before, only a single memory came into full view in her mind.

[Flashback]

‘MOMMY! DADDY! HELP ME!’

 A young Maria was running through the neighborhood ally at full speed, being chased by a huge, black and angry beast. Tears ran down her eyes as she ran, thinking about how stupid she had been. Her mother had warned her not to go over to old man Nagato’s house. Her mother had told her not to disturb the big black dog named Kaiser. But Maria, being the cheeky little devil that she was, didn’t listen.

And now?! She was being chased by the big black beast through the most isolated and deserted part of her posh neighborhood. Maria looked over her shoulder as she ran, screaming in fear when she saw that the demon dog was slowly catching up to her. But every time it got within a 5 meter distance it slowed down slightly almost as if it was taunting Maria, letting her know it could finish her at any time it pleased.

‘Hah…Hah….SOMEBODY HELP ME!’, Maria cried as she took a right turn through the alley way, her frilly dress stained by the dirt on the wall as she bumped into it.

At this point fear had completely taken over and the once clam and familiar alley way was now like a maze to Maria’s adrenaline filled mind. She didn’t know if she had taken a wrong turn, right turn or a dead path. All she knew was she had to escape or at least stay alive till help came.

‘Hah…Hah….MOMMY!’

Maria took another right turn…..and ran straight into a dead end.

‘Oh shit!’, Maria screamed as she turned around to come face to face with Kaiser.

‘GRRG!’, Kaiser growled at Maria.

Maria began backing up towards the wall. Her face was now covered with sweat and tears as she tried to figure a way out of this mess.

‘No! Stay away! ...Ah!’, Maria pleaded as she backed up, tripping on a small rock and falling backwards in the process.

Maria continued trying to escape form Kaiser, crawling along the cold wet gravel floor. However, her back eventually pressed against the tall brick wall behind her, erasing all hope of escape from her mind.

‘Grrg….’

Kaiser let out a low growl as he creeps towards Maria. He bared his huge canine teeth at her, intimidating the already frightened child.

‘N…..No…Bad doggie! Stay away!’, Maria stuttered, switching her tactics from running away to trying to intimidate the dog. But considering the fact that Kaiser was three times the size of the 6 year old, it wasn’t working out like she thought it would.

‘GRRAGG!’, Kaiser barked at Maria causing the little girl to shrink back even more.

‘N…No….some…body…..SOMEBODY SAVE ME!’, Maria screamed as she tucked in her arms and legs against her body, closing her eyes and waiting for the end. But it seemed that god was merciful towards her that day.