108 - Deep breaths...

Pushing open the exit to the station, Tobio took a long and shaky breath in as he put as much distance as he could between him and his parents. Running a hand through his hair out of anxiety, he could see a certain blond following from behind but didn't say a word.

Where the hell had that come from?! How the hell did he have the guts to say all of that?!

All he could think of was how angry he was at them, how much he truly despised his parents after all these years, and that he was done trying to make excuses for them. Listening to them talk to Miwa and Kei in such a way set him off: he could get hurt a thousand times but wouldn't let them be even looked at by his mother and father. Miwa had had enough pain in her life; Tsuki didn't deserve any of it.

His breaths were laboured as he kept up his pace, trusting wherever his legs were taking him as he tried to sort out his thoughts. But they were a mess, and mostly focused on figuring out how the hell he had managed to say all of that without full-on breaking down.

A few minutes passed and he was nearing the town centre. Yet he did what he always did and turned the corner towards the hills, following his regular route until the hilltop was in sight. Just seeing the rolling green and open expanse of air made his lungs feel bigger, and he began to calm down.

He stopped once he reached the summit and realised how fast he was walking by how short his breaths were, and ended up pacing as he tried to regain his breath. He felt the panic return, rising up in his throat, yet forced it down by telling himself he wasn't going to get hurt anymore.

And finally he began to feel alright again. He stopped his pacing and looked out at the scenery that seemed to move so slowly, from the passing clouds to the birds in the distance. Tobio grounded himself in the view, and relaxed.

"I would say I'm impressed but I kinda saw it coming. Good job."

The setter looked over his shoulder to find Tsuki sitting on the ground just behind him, looking out at the scenery as he let Kageyama do his thing. Tobio said nothing but went and sat down next to him, holding the hand that was immediately held out to him.

"I have no idea where that came from." the setter confessed.

"It came from years of pain, but also a lot of bravery. Miwa is really proud of you."

"Oh, I just left her there." Tobio realised. "I should probably call her or something."

"No need. She told me she's going to her friend's house and will come and visit later."

The setter nodded and they fell into a comfortable silence, just enjoying the peaceful moment as they reflected on what had happened.

"Do you think it's all over now?"

"I think so. You're finally free."

"Free... I like that." the setter confessed, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips.

"Hm."

"Thankyou for being there by the way."

"Anytime. Actually, never again."

"Agreed." They both laughed a little. "Hey, want to go and visit Sobo? I'd like to see her."

"Do you want to see her or her food?" Tsuki teased, making Tobio lightly shove his shoulder.

"Shut it. I like both."

"But the food a little more?"

"Shut it!"