Days7 & 8

October 7: Fireflies-I'm not happy with this one but I don't want to fall so far behind! Thanks for reading!

Keith needed to go on a Blade mission and despite him trying to get someone else to take it on, he had no luck. He was loathe to leave Pidge at this juncture of their ... relationship. Mostly because he was not sure what they were yet. He had gotten back to Earth about a month ago. There were many intergalactic talks and he found himself gravitating towards Pidge, as usual. At first, he was just trying not to get annoyed by all the diplomats around him. But quickly he found himself actively seeking her out. He'd look for her at the mess hall, time it so he walked past her house when she should be leaving for work. He also managed to get Cosmo to help. Let's just say...Best Wing Man ever. He'd just pop in to wherever Pidge happened to be and bring her to him. Cosmo was definitely getting extra snacks!

So when he was pressured into leaving he ended up asking Pidge to come with. While she may have misunderstood his intentions and thought he just needed her expertise, he was not going to be the one to point that out. Instead he ignored his friends teasing and stoically figured he'd find the right time to lay it all out for her.

About a week later, Keith was feeling thwarted! The universe truly hated him. In frustration he decided to go out for a run to burn off some useless energy. After that he showered and consigned himself for bed. Maybe he should just take Lance's advice and throw her against the wall and kiss her!

Knock, knock.

"Keith! C'mere!!! You gotta see this!"

Keith quickly sat up and moved to the door, swinging it open quickly. "You okay?" He looked her over, relaxing as he took in her unhurt figure.

"You gotta follow me! Let's go?"

Keith smiles, "Yeah okay, let me grab some shoes...even though I'm supposed to be the boss."

Pidge grins, "Yeah, yeah, let's go! You're going to thank me very soon. I guarantee it!"

Keith shoulder bumps her, "Well, if you're wrong I'll make you cook dinner for the rest of the trip!"

At that point Pidge doubled over, "Yeah I think that's more of a punishment for you!"

Pidge murmurs, "Ta da!!!", as she pushed the door open to leave the ship.

Keith blinks and turns slowly in wonder. "Are these fireflies?"

Pidge sighs, "No clue. I guess the space equivalent. Isn't it great?"

Keith nods, "Yeah, it really is."

They both walk a little further from the ship. As they look up in wonder, Keith wraps his arm around her and he relaxes as she leans into him. After some time, he looks down, "Katie?"

"Mmmmm."

"Will you go out with me? Like on a date?"

He freezes feeling like his life is on the line, when he hears, "'Bout time."

Laughing he turns her slightly and leans down for their first kiss. Gods, he can't get enough of this girl.

October 8: Fan Convention

"What...do... you... mean? Do you WANT to explain to me, how a hotel has no rooms when I have a RESERVATION!?" She knew her voice was getting louder by the second but what the hell???

"Miss, do you want to get your mom out here?"

Gritting her teeth, she growled, "No, unfortunately that's not an option because I'm the damn adult in this fucked up situation. In fact, I paid for the reservation on StayANite.com and have the receipt as proof. What. Is. The. Problem."

"Oh, well, those third party sites are not guaranteed. You must really read the fine print, so I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

Pidge knew she was going to lose it. Her eye was twitching and she felt like her vision had tunneled to the woman standing in front of her. She wanted to hit her very very badly. She looked her over and figured she could easily take her.

That's when the schmuck next to her muttered, "Chill, you can stay with me."

"Oh, excuse me do YOU have a room? Cuz the Bigfoot convention apparently got food poisoning so things aren't going so well here."

Keith grinned, "No, I'm pretty sure my room is trash as well. But, I just so happen to travel with my phone and while you were trying to get arrested by cussing out the poor hotel work here, I looked up a few things. There's a campground not too far away. We could hit a Walmart and expense the shit out of tonight. Let's live dangerously."

Pidge sighs, "Keith, "

"Katie. Our presentation is over. There's no rush or prize to get back. Let's take the untraveled road....you know you want to. And, crazy enough, I want to. With you."

Fuck. Looks like she's camping tonight.