Kidgetober Prompts

Hi all, so sorry for being MIA lately. I've wanted to write but between feeling lazy and unmotivated. At work we got a new principal and other admin- things have been crazy etc. But that aside, I'm hoping to do my part for Kidgetober. Hop you enjoy!!

October 2: Meteor Shower

Alternate Universe

Keith was annoyed. He wanted to go riding. By himself-fast. He needed his private weekly jaunts, where he raced his bike over miles and miles of highway into the desert. No destination. No obeying the speed limit. No fucking helmet. Just sharp turns, wind in his face and the feeling of freedom, hell it was not simply needed but necessary. Vital. It helped clear his head and ensured that he was able to get through each week with no fights, well no physical fights, at least. So he was more than annoyed, he was pissed. 

And for the times when his week was really shit? Like this week, when he failed a major exam, lost hours at the garage due to a power outage and discovered James was a member of his gym, well, he needed a little more. So after a week like this, he typically visited his old property where a dirt bike stashed in a shed to get a little more adventurous  If he was honest, he had been looking forward to this night since as early as Wednesday. But nooooo. Shiro decided to impress his new boy toy and volunteered Keith as an offering. He SO owed him!

Sighing he looked up at Shiro who was staring lovingly at his phone. Dude. How the mighty have fallen. But since it was Shiro he didn't say anything and instead, he was standing on the side of the highway in some diner's parking lot with a spare helmet.

"They are almost here!! Keith, I really need you to be, well, the best version of yourself tonight. You know I love you, but, this is Matt and his baby sister. And, no don't give me that look! She's been bullied in the past and Matt's really protective of her. You can understand. So, if you...you...know act badly, that will really mess this up for me. So, I'm asking you to please be on your best behavior. Please. Be patient and kind."

Keith rolls his eyes, "Whatever, I'm here aren't I?"

"Keith! I'm just-" Shiro pauses and grins, "I hear his car."

Keith laughs, "Hear? Dude it's an electric car you aren't hearing anything! But yeah, the headlights give it away. So where are we headed again?"

"There's an overlook about 20 miles down this highway. Stop there. Both of them are really into space like us, so GUESS WHO is seeing the meteor shower tonight?"

Keith sighed as the car's interior lights glowed as the door swung open. Well at least there was something in it for him. He actually forgot the meteor shower was tonight after the shift week he had. He squinted as the two Holt siblings got out of the car. Hmmm, his Holt was probably the short one. Hell, how old was she? She looked like a kid. But at least she had pants on and a jacket. Suitable riding gear. Small wins.

"Fuck off Matt, I told you that I had plans! I don't need to third wheel your dates."

Keith blinked as she came closer. Okay, maybe not a kid after all.

He heard Matt retort, "Playing video games and eating junk food does NOT qualify as plans dear sis."

Just then, Keith got his first look at her as she walked into the halo of light from the diner's parking lot sign. His heart stuttered, he knew her! Or well he's seen her. She was in engineering classes, top of the class. Frowning he tried to remember what was said about her. Hmmm, he thought her name was Pidge? Pidge Holt? Or not, he thought Shiro mentioned a Katie. IF it was was the same girl, though, the word genius fit. Mouthy. Sarcastic. Hell, she had the nerve to walk up to the board and correct a professor. Everyone was talking about it. He smirked.

Hell, it was big if he heard about it! It was epic. But he really liked the attitude. Then just as she stepped up to where Shiro and him were standing, all thought stalled. No one mentioned she was so cute. Blinking, his eyes snapped up to Shiro's gleeful gaze. Well hell. Maybe, just maybe he wasn't too mad. Maybe, just maybe this night will be better than he thought!

October 3: First Frost

Pidge groaned. Why, oh why! Of course the first frost would come on the dawn of her deadline for her last project. Honestly, at this point she'd been up for over 36 hours. All she dreamed of was her warm bed. Yet here she was. In the garden. With her parents and brother. At 4. AM. In the cold. Stumbling over roots and rocks. All while covering her mom's precious plants with some old sheets. While her fingers stiffened and fumbled. Damn she hated being cold! It was seriously too early for this.

"Mom! You know you have a greenhouse right? Why are you still doing this in the outdoors?" Yawning, her knees buckled when her brother knocked the back of her knees. Hissing a quick "Asshole!" She tried to kick back.

Matt chuckled, "Oops!"

Pidge sighed, "Fuck off Matt! I'm seriously too tired for your sophomoric bs."

"Language! Less swearing and more covering!" Colleen called out in a sing song voice. Honestly how is the woman this cheerful this damn early in the morning?! At least he dad looked like a zombie too.

"Yes Mom!" Both male and female voices ring out while trying to look busy and avoiding each other's gaze.

Pidge quickly sticks out her tongue at her brother and takes another step forward, tripping for the hundredth time, until a pair of strong arms encircle her. Blinking up, she turns and stares into Keith's eyes?!

"Okay, now I'm seriously dreaming."

Keith grins, "I gotta say, if this was a dream...we gotta work on your imagination Holt." Lowering his voice he continues, "Cause this is not what my dreams of us look like! Now if you were on your knees-"

Matt shakes his head, snapping a sheet at Keith. "Dude, I have no interest in hearing about what dirty dreams you have about my sister!"

Keith instantly flushes red, "Um, yeah, no. That's not what I was saying! I didn't mean-"

Pidge smirks, "Really? I thought you had I-mag-in-ation!"

Keith groans, "Damn it Katie, let's not do this in front of your family!"

She smiles more widely, "Of course not! I'm not DOING you in front of my family. But, there is more! Do tell! Are we-"

Suddenly Colleen is in front of them both, "Look, I appreciate young love as much as the next mom, but seriously right now, get to work. My babies are freezing. Now, if you want to really make me a grandma, well we can talk about that over coffee as soon as we are done here. But know, I am old school, because I do believe in marriage before babies!"

Pidge mouths, "Later!" To Keith and quickly moves on to cover another row of her mom's babies.  Keith is completely embarrassed he can't help the grin on his face. Marriage....babies? God he loves this girl. And her crazy family.