Mine

Post Voltron Life

Keith got back to Earth after a long absence with the Blades and was looking forward to seeing his friends. While he knows his work is important and he loves it, he also finds himself missing his friends. Which is funny because he's not used to feeling like this. He called Shiro and found out that they were training some new recruits at the Garrison gym. He grinned, "Fun times huh? I'll be there shortly!"

Keith turned to Acxa, Zethrid and Ezor, "Hey I'm going to head to the Garrison gym, they are having sparring day. You guys are officially off duty."

Zethrid turns to Ezor, pumping her fist, "Party time!"

Acxa asks Keith, "Can I join you? Not for party time, but the sparring?"

Keith nods as he makes his way down the ramp. "Sure, but we probably won't spar. Let's go. Cosmo!" He pushes a hand in his hair, as does Acxa, "Take me to Pidge." He felt his face turn red as Acxa raised an eyebrow smirking. He wasn't quite sure why he said Pidge and not Shiro or really any of the others. He avoided her eyes and waited.

They pop into a large gym, near the mats. He sees Pidge sitting against the wall, one leg out and the other bent, looking at her laptop. Some things never change. Yet, he also recognizes change is inevitable. Her hair is longer, pulled into a haphazard pony tail, no glasses, and she's in a tank top and cargo pants. He pauses for a second, just to get his bearings, when Shiro catches sight of him and moves toward him to pull him into a one armed hug.

At this point, Keith realizes their appearance has essentially caught everyone's attention. He can feel many eyes on him making him feel uncomfortable but ignores it in favor of greeting Shiro. He looks over and notices Hunk and Lance are standing not far from Pidge. They all amble over and Keith gets a hug from everyone. Veronica hastens over and says hey, but Keith notices her attention is on Acxa and visa versa. He silently wonders how long this has been going on when Pidge pulls on his arm. He looks down and she raises to her tip toes, he leans over and she whispers, "Yup, that is a thing! I'm so glad you guys will be back for awhile and I don't have to listen to Veronica's sad songs anymore!"

Keith huffs out a laugh when Cosmo jumps on Pidge causing her to lose her balance and fall into him. He automatically catches her and holds on while Cosmo and Pidge go through their routine of hellos. Again, Keith finds he can't  take his eyes of her. But he doesn't want to make it weird so he takes a deep breath to try and focus and center, only to just inhale in her unique scent. He shakes his head but doesn't let go.

Keith looks up at the new recruits and takes a quick inventory. Most look exhausted. They must have been sparring for a while now. Shiro softly says, "We can break and catch up. Let's grab dinner and drinks."

Loudly Shiro announces to the room, "All right that's enough for today. Let's break and we will see you all on Monday."

As they turn to leave, a big guy steps up, "So this is the infamous Keith. *grunt* He doesn't look like much."

Keith laughs, "Yeah, I get that a lot. Wanna try me?" Keith feels that moment of anticipation pumping through him.

And that's when things get crazy. The big dude says, "I know you guys are supposed to be the shit. But with the exception of Commander Shiro, none of you look dangerous. Hope you guys were in better shape a few years ago." He starts to laugh and a few brave souls join him. Keith is feeling pretty amused himself, that is until Pidge steps forward, smirking.

"Private Callahan, care to spar? One to one. No weapons. Hmmm, let's say best 2 of 3?"

Murmurs could be heard through the gym. Pidge deliberately pitched her voice to carry. Now everyone was looking at them. Keith saw the MFE pilots whispering and money exchanging hands. He knew they were betting how fast Pidge was going to beat this guy but Keith still wanted to jump in and take care of it. But he knew, that would only piss Pidge off more so he kept his mouth shut and hoped she cleaned the floor with him really quick. Fortunately for Pidge, the new recruits only saw a small slim girl versus a Paladin of Voltron.