Making coffee (Lena)

'What coffee would you like sweetheart?' You asked, grinning down at Lena, who now sported a pretty blush.
'Just a medium black please darling.' She reached onto her tiptoes, giving you a gentle, heartwarming kiss.
'Grab a table.' You whispered, stroking her cheek softly, before turning and walking inside the warm little cafe you had stumbled upon on your morning walk.
The line was a decent length, so you glanced around to pass time, fiddling with your ring.
'Hi what can I get for you?' A dull, almost harsh voice sounded. You looked up to see an older woman, could certainly be your mother, with an ugly frown and apparently attitude.
'A medium hot chocolate with marshmallows and a medium black coffee please.' You gave her a tight grin as she grumbled in response to your order, noisily tapping on the till.
'$10.' She huffed.
You frowned softly. This woman clearly disliked her job.
You handed it over.
'Name.'
'Sorry?'
'Name, For the drinks?' She asked, anger seeping into her tone.
'Oh Luthor.' You said.
You watched in disbelief as her whole body froze, the hand clutching your money trembling.
'What?' She practically snarled.
'Uh my name. Do you want the first name instead?' You asked, wondering who messed this woman's morning up so much for her to be acting like this.
'No it's not.' She growled.
'Do you need proof? I have id.' You were positively bursting with confusion at this point. She hadn't treated anyone else like this.
'I know you're lying. You better-'
'Babe, what's taking so long? It usually-' Lena's hand gripped your shoulder, tightly.
Now they were standing opposite each other, you saw the similarities instantly, and your mouth turned dry.
'Lena.' The barista said, her voice cold, her stare icy.
'Mother.' Lena replied. You placed a hand on her hip, only a light touch, and you saw her right eyebrow twitch in appreciation.
'I knew you had stooped low, but making coffee? Really?' Lena laughed, no humour evident.
Her mother glanced at you.
'I knew you had stooped low, but falling in love? Really?' Lillian replied, an edge of malice that definitely didn't sit right in your stomach.
'I'll have you know my wife is many things, but a weakness is certainly not one of them.' Lena tugged you closer, and you dutifully wrapped an arm around her waist, giving her a squeeze and staring her mother down.
'Tell yourself that when in five years, my company will be down the drain thanks to your relations.' There were murmurs behind you from awaiting customers, but they obviously saw whatever was happening was too serious for them to intervene.
'It is my company. It has been for many years now Mother. And since I've had this one by my side, well the sales have only risen.' You let yourself smirk, because what Lena was saying was true.
'What happens when kids are in the equation? What then? Your time will be limited. Much like it is now.' Lena's mother was twitching visibly, fighting a losing battle.
'At least my time isn't wasted in a coffee shop. Goodbye Mother. I do hope I never see you again.' Lena steps away, but you stay put before following.
'It was nice to meet you, mother-in-law. Your daughter never deserved what you put her through. I will forever be proud to love her with my whole heart, something you could never do, because she is far brighter and far better than you could ever be.' You place an arm around your wife's shoulders and steer her to the door.
'Time to find a whole new morning walk route. Don't want the possibility of bumping into her again to arise.' You shuddered.
Lena giggled into your chest.
'She's a bit of a bitch isn't she?'
'A bit? Lee I was one second away from pouring someone's hot coffee on her head.' You stroked your wife's hair as she grinned up at you.
'That would've been hilarious to watch.'
'But seriously, are you okay?' You search her eyes for any lingering sadness, and find none.
'Perfectly fine. None of what she says bothers me anymore. It's been 5 years since I last saw her. I've grown.' You sighed in relief.
'Funny, her mentioning kids taking away your time.' You smiled when Lena's hand subconsciously flew to your stomach.
'Should we have told her we've got a third on the way? God she would've gone mental.' Lena drew circles onto your abdomen, and you leant further into her as you walked.
'I think she's already mental baby. Wouldn't of helped her state.' You giggled.
'Truer words have never been spoken.'
'I love you gorgeous.' Because, duh, you did, and you would never stop reminding her.
'I love you too darling.' She replied, and you dipped down to give her cheek a kiss, your heart melting at her smitten grin she directed your way.

Idk why I love writing coffee shop stuff, I don't even like coffee and I'm never in cafes, but here this is.
You guys get 3 updates in a day! The other 2 are from my other book. Hope you guys enjoy