Rainstorm (Part 5)

Isabelle wasn't sure if she had heard right. Josh couldn't have just said what she thought she heard him say. Why did he say her name? Was he dreaming about her? Was it a good dream? Why was Jennifer in his subconscious that he would dream about her? All these questions flooded her mind and Isabelle couldn't find an answer to them.

She thought back to her confrontation with Jennifer earlier tonight and remembered when she said that she was in Josh's mind already and judging from the evidence she had sleeping beside her, it was true.

Isabelle wanted to wake him up and speak to him about why he was calling Jennifer's name in his sleep but it didn't seem like a good idea because she was feeling very emotional.

What was she supposed to ask him? "Why are you dreaming about your assistant?" Well, he works with the woman so it's only normal that she's on his mind sometimes but it didn't mean anything more than that, right? Isabelle didn't know for sure.

Nevertheless, something needed to be done about this because she couldn't act like it never happened, like she never heard her boyfriend call out another woman's name in his sleep, a woman who wanted to break them apart so she could have him.

One thing was certain though. Hearing Josh call out Jennifer's name broke her. It made her sad and assume that maybe Josh wasn't as in as she thought. Maybe he didn't feel as strongly about her as she did about him.

Isabelle decided to go back to sleep and think about her next move when the day broke. She would have to reevaluate her relationship with Josh to understand how he really felt about her and if he didn't have any repressed feelings for his assistant.

*****

"We have her right where we want her! Doubtful," Gabriel said.

"Great," Fawn said rather unenthusiastically.

Gabriel could tell she wasn't happy about what they were doing but he knew and so did she, that they didn't have a choice. This was the situation and they had to do what was necessary for God to win the bet.

"I know how you feel, Fawn but it's all for the greater good. Nothing God does is without just reason, his plans are for the best interest of all Man even if they don't realize it," Gabriel reminded her.

"I know, brother. I just can't help but feel bad about what we're doing. It feels...wrong!" Fawn said.

"That's because it is wrong," Zarif said as he stepped out of the shadows.

"What do you want, Demon?" Gabriel said defensively and looked like he was ready to attack the demon.

"Relax there, Gabriel! You don't want us to have a celestial battle in this house, do you? That wouldn't be wise because the humans around will see us and it'll make everything we've been doing fall apart," Zarif said.

He was right, Gabriel knew it but he also knew that the demons could be here too. He just wasn't happy about them being so close to them.

"There are other spots in this house where you can be. Why have you come to where we are?" Fawn asked.

"Zarif and I were bored so we decided to have a little fun with our favourite angels," Gentel said and made her presence known as well, "I saw your little trick with Garin, making him say the assistant's name with Hannah right beside him. That was brilliant, I must say."

"But as brilliant as it was, it can't possibly match up to what we have planned!" Zarif claimed and exchanged telling looks with his sister.

"And what do you have planned?" Fawn asked although she knew that they wouldn't tell her.