Intensity

Morning arrived and Isabelle and Josh woke up to the sound of the birds chirping and the shine of the sun on their faces. Neither of them understood why but the sleep they had the previous night was perhaps the best they’d had in a long time.

Isabelle and Josh checked the cameras they placed on their nightstands before they slept and were happy yet disappointed that nothing happened to them during the night. They woke up where they went to sleep, they didn’t have any late-night blackouts or lose any time and although it wasn’t a guarantee, the two of them hoped that whatever was happening to them was now over.

Josh hadn’t planned on going to work today but because he felt really good and refreshed, he decided to make an appearance in his company. He discerned that since he didn’t have an episode, the rest treatment must have worked so the only logical next step would be to resume his normal life and activities which included going to work.

He got ready and drove to work without informing anyone beforehand that he was coming. It was kind of a test by him to see what he would arrive to at his company if they weren’t expecting him. To his greatest relief, he arrived at a well-manned ship where everyone was being diligent and hardworking.

As soon as he stepped out of the elevator that took him to the top of Helena’s Redness, he was welcomed by the sweet aroma of the fruits of his vineyards; Grapes!

He didn’t realize how much he’d miss their scent and it was like being back where he belonged. He walked over to his office and passed Jennifer’s desk where she was gossiping with her colleague, Karen.

“I don’t pay you two ladies to gossip all day, you know,” he said as he walked by.

Karen immediately left and went back to her station while Jennifer was surprised to see him back at work because she wasn’t expecting him at all.

Jennifer waited for him to settle into his seat before getting up herself so she could go speak to him. She adjusted her skirt and opened one more button on her blouse to show off some more cleavage before she went into his office.

“Sir, what a pleasant surprise to see you here today! I guess you’re feeling a lot better now, aren’t you?” She asked with a pretty smile.

“As a matter of fact, I am,” Josh replied heartily.

“Well, it’s great to have you back, Sir. I’ll be at my desk if you need anything. Please excuse me,” she said and turned around to leave.

She swayed her curvy hips as she walked out of the office and Josh couldn’t help but stare at her backside. Jennifer caught him staring because she could see his reflection on the glass wall and she smiled within herself, knowing he was checking her out and that there was still a chance for something to happen between them someday.

Josh tore his eyes away from her and shook his head to expel the thoughts that were in his mind. He opened his laptop and went to work, ready to catch up on whatever he missed and get his pending deals back on track.

******

Isabelle’s morning was slightly different from Josh’s in the sense that she couldn’t go to work even if she wanted to. Because she collapsed at her job, the company thought it better if she took a few days off to get better which was why she’d been home for the past four days since the incident.

She got out of bed and immediately went to the bathroom to brush her teeth because she had an awful taste in her mouth. She was feeling a lot better than before and it put her in a great mood, that is, until she checked her answering machine for messages left before she woke up.