Chapter 50.

Roman scrolled through the disney songs they had as he debated on which song he wanted Virgil to sing. He remembered Virgil mentioning Nightmare Before Christmas as his favorite, so Roman pulled up the album and picked Jack’s Lament.

“You don’t have to sing the whole thing, since mine was short.” Roman encouraged, handing Virgil the microphone as the song started. Virgil laughed at the song choice, before clearing his throat.

“There are few who’d deny, at what I do I am the best.” Virgil spoke in a rhythm. Roman laughed a bit. Virgil kept speaking until, “Oh somewhere deep inside of these bones…”

His voice was far from what Roman had expected. Virgil was completely tone deaf, and he owned it. His voice scratched as he sang the lyrics. After Roman shook from his shock, he found himself absolutely in love with Virgil’s voice. It picked a melody all its own, and Roman couldn’t help but grin as Virgil sang the song with all his vocal chords could give. He was falling hard for his guy, and his awful voice, and Roman thought it was beautiful. Roman laughed as Virgil acted while singing, dancing around in front of Roman with a grin. Roman enjoyed watching Virgil act like he was on a stage, something he'd never figured Virgil was into. When the song ended, Virgil looked at him with a face cherry red. Roman didn’t say anything for a moment, before Virgil spoke.

“I know I don’t have-”

Roman stood up, charging forwards to kiss Virgil. Their lips connected, and Roman felt that same feeling he’d felt yesterday in the Sanctuary. It wasn’t anything like he’d always imagined. Roman had always thought kissing would feel like sparks that shot through him, but it felt more like he was dancing. He gently held Virgil’s head in his hands, before Virgil shoved against him, and Roman plopped back into the bench. Virgil gave him another kiss while still standing. Roman’s hands moved over Virgil’s ribs, ignoring the fabric of the hoodie to pull the owner of the clothing closer to him, until Virgil bent his knee against the bench. He felt fingers in his hair, and Virgil’s cold hands on the back of his neck. They stayed like that for a while, gently kissing like the other could break while Roman’s hands held Virgil and Virgil’s hands ran through Roman’s hair.

Virgil pulled back first, looking down at Roman with a grin on his lips and his hands resting on Roman’s neck. Roman grinned up at him, not quite willing to move.

Virgil leaned back in, and gave another kiss to Roman, then another, until they were holding each other again.

“Excuse me, your hour is up.” A voice came from the door, along with a knock.

Virgil pulled away. “Okay, thank you!”

“I can pay for another hour.”

“Absolutely not. Let’s go get some food.” Virgil grinned, pulling his fingers out of Roman’s hair. Roman huffed, but pulled his hands back too, settling for Virgil’s fingers lacing into his comfortably. They walked out, and Roman gave the lady at the front a tip before leaving.

“Where for food?” Roman asked, before Virgil pulled Roman towards an ice cream parlor. “I thought you wanted food?”

“This counts!”

“It does not!”

“You’re just mad that I’ll have to hold yours.” Virgil laughed.

“Well I don’t want sugar milk.” Roman joked back, smiling as they walked in. Virgil asked for cookies and cream, before adding crushed Reese’s to the top. Roman asked for a strawberry, and got M&M’s on the top. Virgil pulled his hand out of Roman’s to pay, and held up to bowls of ice cream like victory trophies, before leading Roman outside to eat. Virgil ate a few bites of his, before holding Roman’s out to him. Roman grabbed his spoon, scooping a bite into his mouth as he put his arm around Virgil.