Chapter 80.

Logan got a call from Roman as he focused on schoolwork. He picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Logan, how much do you want to study Virgil's chip?"

"Not at all. I would rather study an unused one."

"Well, we got Virgil's."

"That is good. Were you able to dispose of it?"

Roman paused. "Uh, not really, no. It attacked Virgil."

"What?" Logan said, standing up and forgetting his homework.

"Yeah, I couldn't get it to burn, so we brought it to the Sanctuary. Then when we got there, it sprouted legs and tried to... go back, essentially."

"Are Virgil's stitches damaged?"

"No. We caught it fast."

Logan sighed, "very well. Have Remus come and grab me. I will alert my sister that there is an issue."

"You got it." Roman said, yelling at Remus before ending the call. Logan reached out to his sister.

Ella?

Logan? Everything okay?

I have to return to the Sanctuary momentarily. Virgil's chip tried to attack him.

Ella was quiet for a moment as Logan got himself ready, bringing a set of instruments he felt he could use.

I mean, that's chill, but Mom's pretty pissed. I'll do what I can to keep her off your back.

Logan smiled, and said a thank you to his sister before withdrawing their link. Remus suddenly appeared in his room. "Ready?"

"I suppose." Logan answered, and Remus jumped them to the clearing, before opening the Sanctuary. Logan stepped through, walking in and over to the lounge as Janus waved at him from his and Remus's shared mattress. Logan waved back, but didn't stop as he walked into the room. Roman was sitting with Virgil on the floor, checking on him as Logan entered. "Where is it?"

"On the counter. Will you check Virgil's neck?"

"Of course." Logan bent down, squatting on the floor as Virgil moved his hair out of the way. The stitches were a little red from the intrusion, and Logan could see where the chip had tried to wiggle through before Janus caught it. "You will be okay, Virgil. Would you like for me to take the chip out of the lounge?"

"Yes please." Virgil nodded, dropping his hair as Logan stood back up. He smiled briefly, before going back to leaning on Roman as the other moved closer on the floor. Logan moved over to the counter, where a small clear container sat. Logan could see the small chip banging against the corner, aiming directly at the Purple Ranger. Logan picked up the box, turning it to see what the chip did, but it simply followed to where Virgil was and began walking into the wall to escape. Logan turned around, putting the box in his hand furthest from Virgil, before walking out of the lounge and closing the door.

"What'd you think it's doing?" Remus asked once Logan was out.

"I am unsure, but I have a couple theories." Logan said as he walked over to the computer. It was as far away as he could get from the lounge. He sat on the ground, setting down his bag and beginning to pull out a set of tweezers and a scalpel.

"What are they?" Remus asked, sitting down next to Logan as Janus did.

"One would be that the chip feeds off of our powers, and so it is simply trying to recharge. I also think it could have some similarities to our morphers, and have matched Virgil's blood as its host."