Chapter 25.

Remus woke up with his phone buzzing intermittently from texts on his chest. However, when he looked up, Remus only saw tree branches overhead. He could feel grass tickling his ears and could smell the forest around him. He quickly grabbed his phone. Remus tried to remember what had happened before.

He'd gotten home with Roman and their mother at about 12:30, and Remus had been sent to his room pretty quickly. He waited for a while for his mother to come in and yell at him for distracting her from a meeting or a spreadsheet or anything that was more important, but after a while, Remus had fallen asleep while waiting. His dreams filled with that damn forest again, dreaming of the colors that had danced through the leaves and of the space where they had run back into their families again.

Next thing Remus knew, he was waking up in the forest in the same clothes he'd been in the night before. The first thing he'd done was call Roman, who sent him straight to voicemail.

"This is the Roman Dukes. I'm probably singing for the masses or being the coolest person around. Leave a message after the riff." The message spoke, before Roman sang into the phone and the message stopped.

"Roman, this is Remus. Call me now." He spoke quickly, trying to hammer home his concern. Afterwards, Remus tried at least four more times, before remembering that there were texts on his phone. Remus opened the app to see the group chat with the others had new messages, and read through them, before seeing they were all sent right about the same time Remus had seen them. Quickly clicking the only number Remus has saved yet, he called Patton.

"Hello?"

"Patton." Remus breathed in relief. "Roman won't answer his phone and I don't know where I am!"

"Woah!" Patton's voice crackled through Remus's phone, still cheerful as ever, "Slow down kiddo! What do you mean you don't know where you are?"

"I don't really know. I went to sleep in my bed, and I woke up in the woods!"

There was a moment of silence, before Patton's voice crackled again. "Okay, kiddo, you're on speaker. You said you were in the woods?"

"Yes!" Remus yelled, frustrated. He ran his free hand through his hair. "Roman won't answer and-"

"Roman is asleep." Logan's voice spoke.

"And how in the fucking fuck do you know that?"

"Lang-"

"Long story." Virgil's voice cut through. "But that does make me think..." There was more silence, and Remus took a look through the woods around him. "Logan, can you- can you- I don't know- Can you feel him?"

Logan hummed thoughtfully through the phone's speaker. "Yes. Remus, I believe you may be in the woods we were at earlier."

"Right, and I'm just supposed to believe that because?" Remus grunted, before looking around again. Once Logan had said it, Remus recognized the place as where they had come through earlier when they had been brought back away from that monster. "Holy shit, you're right."

"Yes." Logan agreed. "I'm beginning to believe that we might not have had the suits to thank for our escape from that building yesterday."

"Wait, you think that-" Janus's voice broke through.

"Yes. I believe Remus might have transported us back to those woods subconsciously, and did it again in his sleep."

"That's quite the deduction from a whole 30 second phone call." Virgil scoffed.

"I have no better explanations for how Remus could had gone from his bed to a forest without injury."

They kept arguing, but Remus was no longer listening. He was instead thinking about it all. He didn't have... powers... Did he? He lifted his free hand out in front of him, thinking about the others and where they were. Because Remus had never been to the park where they were, he instead focused on the others, thinking about going to them. Suddenly, Remus felt himself grow weightless, and he squinted his eyes.

"Hi."