Chapter 59.

Roman was shaking he was so angry. After Virgil had taken the phone from him, he'd stormed away and tried to ignore the looks that Logan and Patton gave him. He'd heard his brother take the phone after a minute, before Janus's mom had called him in. He was too busy stomping around in a circle. How could she? This woman was hurting people in the name of some rock bitch who really couldn't give a shit about them. Janus was their age, too. If she did find out about Remus or him, would she do the same thing to them? Would she chain her sons up to the ceiling so she could make them a champion too?

"Roman." Virgil's voice came from behind him.

"What." He snapped as he turned around. He instantly regretted it, but Virgil didn't seem to care. He just kept walking over until he was standing right in front of Roman. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine." Virgil smiled up at him, and reached up to fiddle with a few strands of Roman's hair that were hanging on his face.

"I'm sweaty and gross right now, Virgil."

"I noticed." Virgil made a motion like he stunk with his free hand. "You're just lucky I don't care."

Roman gave a soft smile, and reached his hand out to brush Virgil's cheek with his fingers. "I really am."

He felt a buzzing in his head.

Patton and I have suddenly found the ceiling and walls facing away from the two of you very fascinating. Logan's voice came through in his mind. Roman smiled.

Thanks. He felt the buzz leave, and he bent down to meet Virgil's lips. Virgil started to move, before he wrapped his arms around Roman's neck and scooted closer. Roman put one hand on either side of Virgil's face, before gently pulling back slightly.

Virgil took a glance over at Logan and Patton, who were laying on the ground and staring at the stars above them. "Smooth." He laughed. Roman loved that noise.

"Maybe." He grinned against Virgil's lips before stealing another kiss and pulling back again.

Virgil's eyes were closed this time, and he seemed to be swaying to a rhythm in his head. Roman watched him, moving his hands down to Virgil's waist. He put his head against Virgil's and closed his eyes. "Thank you, Virge."

"Thank Beck. No idea where that came from." Virgil laughed. Roman gave a soft chuckle, before hearing Patton gasp from the floor.

"Patton, no-"

"Oh my gosh, that's adorable." Patton muttered to Logan. Neither were as quiet as they seemed to think they were.

"Cat's out of the bag now."

"Heaven forbid." Virgil smiled, refusing to move either. There was a moment of content silence between the two. "I'm sorry about your mom."

"Me too, but I got a cute boyfriend out of this, so I regret nothing." Roman smiled. He was still torn apart inside. If he just told his mom, maybe she would stop? Maybe he could fix this situation for them? "Virgil, do you think I should tell her?"

Virgil opened his eyes to look back at Roman. "About this?" He moved his hand to fiddle with Roman's morpher. "Or us?"

"This," he wiggled his wrist, "I'm not ready for us to be a shared thing yet."

"A bit late for that."

"These four don't count." Roman smiled. "I'm pretty convinced they could know everything that's ever happened to me and Remus and I'd be fine with it."

Virgil gave a soft grin, his fingers still moving over Roman's bracelets and tracing the words. "I think it's something you should talk to Remus about before you do, but I don't know, Ro. She's not someone I understand."