Chapter 70.

TW: Torture, but it's all muscle pain.

Virgil waited a while after the witch walked back out, before he felt the tears start to flow again. He knew he was in the room they’d first been taken to, and he probably could get out if he wanted. All he had to do was morph, then run and hope he remembered the way out. But he knew he couldn’t. There wasn’t any way he could without the Witch using him to get to them. He couldn’t stop thinking about the others. What would happen now? Was his dad alive? What would Roman do? What would his mom do? 

Virgil felt the tears fall, hating how cold it was and how stuck he was. What had they done to him? He could remember her telling him to calm down, and he had. It was as if all the sudden he’d had no control over himself. He felt sick. What would he do now? Was he stuck like this forever? 

Virgil?

Virgil almost shouted in relief, before remembering his situation. Blue!

Why are you not-

No time. Listen just in case she can hear. Virgil warned as quickly as he could. I’m back in the room we first morphed in. I-

We will be there soon, jus-

No! Stay away. Virgil warned. He felt like he was breaking into a thousand pieces. I’m chipped. I can’t control what I do right now and soon I won’t be able to control what I say either. Please. Go to where I called you. Check on my dad.

Virgil, we have already been there. Virgil didn’t like the way Logan said it.

Please, Blue, tell me he’s okay.

I am sorry. I cannot. Logan paused. We will figure it out. Stay strong.

Virgil began to scream. He yanked at his chains until his wrists were bleeding, he screamed until his vocal chords quit, and he cried until he was a hysterical mess against the wall.

“No need for that, Champion.” The Witch spoke as she entered again. “They will find you soon, screaming would not help.”

“They aren’t coming.” Virgil croaked out. 

“Sure they will.” The Witch spoke. “I know you hero types best. You will save even the weakest link.”

Virgil winced at her words, before spitting at her. She slapped him. “Do not ever do that again.”

“Or what?” Virgil glared at her. “You’ll chip me? Been there. You’ll kill me? No, you wouldn’t have gone through all this trouble just to kill me. You’ll slap me again? Do it. I dare you.”

“I will turn that chip on.” She warned. “And I will leave you to stand, trapped in your own body, until I decide you have learned a lesson.”

Virgil knew he was scared. Hell, he was probably the most scared he’d ever been, but she didn’t need to know it. “Then do it.” He glared. “Because I don’t care. You won’t win against them, and you won’t get shit from me.”

The Witch sighed, before she tapped the item on her neck. It looked like a set of around the neck headphones, white with a strip of cyan light coming from around it. “Stand.”

Virgil felt his body obey, standing straight without his consent, and forcing him to look ahead. He’d stood away from the wall a bit, pushing the chains further into his wrists as he stared at the wall and prayed for someone to help. His muscles seemed to lock in place, and he heard the Witch ask him a question.

“What is your name?”

“Virgil Storm.” His mouth moved on its own. No. Please. He couldn’t do this. 

“What is the name of the Blue Ranger?”

Virgil fought his tongue, struggling to keep his mouth shut.

The Witch frowned. “The Pink Ranger?”

“No.” Virgil stumbled over the words, fighting as a burning sensation came from every muscle in his body.

The Witch growled, annoyed, when Roman’s mom walked in.

“Which one is the Green Ranger?” Their mom asked.

Virgil stayed silent, feeling the burning subside for a moment.

“Who is the Green Ranger?” The Witch questioned.

“Remus Dukes.” His mouth finally betrayed him before Virgil could catch himself.

“So is Roman the Red Ranger?”

Virgil screamed in his head. He couldn’t do this. He couldn’t say those words. 

The Witch waited, but when he didn’t answer, she frowned. “Is Roman Dukes the Red Ranger?”

Every muscle in his body burned to answer. It physically hurt to stop his tongue, and he was just trying to keep himself from speaking.

“Let me ask a different question.” The Witch said. “Who is the Red Ranger, to you?”

“Please.” Virgil managed. It hurt so badly not answering. It felt so awful to have everything in him want to scream an answer, but he just couldn’t. He couldn’t say it in front of Roman’s mother.

“Please nothing.” The Witch scoffed. “Who is Roman Dukes, to you?”

“I-” Virgil felt tears prick his eyes again, and was momentarily surprised he even had tears left. “I love him.”

Their mom took a step back, and the Witch cackled. “Love?”

“Does he love you?” Their mother asked, but Virgil was once again silent.

“I doubt it.” The Witch said, before turning to Virgil. “Does he?”

Virgil was silent, struggling with everything he had not to completely out Roman.

The Witch threw her head back as she laughed. “I wouldn’t want to answer that either! How embarrassing.” She turned.

“Aren’t you going to turn off the chip?” Roman’s mother asked as the Witch reached for the door.

“Not yet. I need nam-” The Witch was cut off by a loud boom from above that shook the ceiling. “Oh, Look who’s here.”

Please. Virgil pleaded with whoever was listening. Please say they weren’t dumb enough to come right now. 

“Open his chains.”