Chapter 82.

Virgil had slept with Roman all day that Saturday, then had spent Sunday getting back on his feet, until Virgil finally morphed on Sunday evening. He'd been better after that. His walking was returning, and he was more comfortable again, even though he begrudgingly agreed that he wouldn't be able to fight for a few more days at least.

He'd woken up early on Monday morning, not ready to start the day when there was a warm boyfriend next to him. Virgil had instead closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep until he fell back, warm and loved.

"Virge." Roman's soft tone roused Virgil first, and he let out a hum to tell Roman he was awake. "Hey. Can we check your stitches and bruises today?"

"Right now?"

"I know, I make life hard." Roman laughed. Virgil shoved himself closer to Roman's chest for a moment, before sighing and sitting up.

Virgil wasn't completely sure what his favorite Roman was. He loved the perfectionist leader of the rangers, but there was also this one. The one whose hair was frizzy and hung down in his face, or had half opened eyes so he could still pretend to be asleep. This one gave better laughs, better hugs, and better smiles. The other seemed more put together. Virgil supposed it was an easy answer. He looked down as Roman rubbed his face, and just admired him. Everything from the way he looked then to the fact that he loved Virgil.

"Am I that attractive in the morning?" Roman joked.

"You're that attractive all the time." Virgil answered. "Easily 4 outta 10."

"Oh you are cruel." Roman said, moving to sit up and bump heads with Virgil, who giggled a little.

"Did you still wanna check them?"

Roman looked at him, before tugging at Virgil's hoodie. Well, it was still Roman's, but Virgil had refused to give it back. Virgil sighed, lifting up the top until it sat on his shoulders. He felt Roman's finger glide against his chest and ribs, and pulled the hoodie over his head.

"You wouldn't even know these were from last week." Roman said after a moment, but he didn't pull his hand back, tracing shapes on Virgil's chest and stomach. Even his fingers were warm.

Virgil tugged down his hoodie after a moment, trying to keep himself and the other focused as he turned his head for Roman to look at his stitches.

"It's healing well, but a lot slower." Roman made a comment, "I'm a bit worried about it."

"I did have a surgery, Ro, I'm not surprised that it's taking ti-" Virgil trailed off as Roman pressed a soft kiss to the side of his neck. "You cheat."

Roman chuckled against the back of Virgil's neck, before Virgil felt another kiss on the back of his jaw. Virgil smiled, turning himself around to face Roman before actually kissing him and pulling away. "See. That's a-" Roman cut him off with another one, pulling Virgil back down with him. Virgil felt Roman's hands snake back under his hoodie, and trace along his back in shapes Virgil wished he could follow. Virgil's hands were in Roman's hair, and rubbing soft circles on the other's cheek. They pulled away after a moment, looking at each other with goofy grins and pounding hearts.

"How was that for a real kiss?"

"Better, I suppose." Virgil laughed as Roman scoffed, before pressing his hand to his forehead in mock drama. "Oh hush you."

"Silenced by my lover."

"That's because you are being absolutely goofy right now." Virgil giggled, and Roman smiled.

"You hungry?"

"Does it require me getting up?"

"I'd have to, but I can bring you yours."