Chapter 54.

Remus didn’t care that he was in the car. He didn’t give a shit that his mom was in the front seat.

“Janus?” Remus screamed into his phone as his mom pulled into a restaurant in a panic. “Janus?!”

“Remus!” His mother scolded. “Quit screaming. What is it?”

“I don’t know.” He knew. “He called and said he was in trouble.” Spider-guy. He said Spider-guy. “I gotta go.”

“No. We can call the police and let them take care of it.”

“I still need to check on him! What if he’s fucking hurt?”

“And where would you go?”

The alley. He’d left Janus there. He could teleport there right now and damn the consequences. He looked at Roman, whose eyes were wide. They shared a look. Remus wouldn’t care, but Roman would. Janus would. “I don’t know.”

“Exactly, let me- Oh, this is work. I need to take this.”

“Right fucking now?” Remus fumed.

“Remus, yes. Ro- Hello, this is Nathalie Dukes from- Yes? Can it wait? I’m with- No, I understand, but-” His mother sighed, but Remus couldn’t give enough of a shit to care. “I’ll be right in.” She hung up.

“Like hell you will. I need to find-”

“Remus!” She yelled at him. “I can’t help it. Here is cash for an uber. Don’t you dare call anyone except me, the police, and that damn uber. Do I make myself crystal clear?”

“L-”

Roman took the cash calmly, and put his arm in front of Remus. “Yes ma’am.”

She huffed, getting back into the driver seat and pulling out, leaving the twins standing in the parking lot of a restaurant with a group of people staring. Roman turned, and grabbed hold of Remus’s jacket as he stormed off and away from onlookers. Remus pulled away, pausing only for a moment to look at his hoodie, which had holes burned into it.

“I’m not fucking-”

“Activate.” Roman said, and flashed red. “I’m calling the others now. Ranger up and teleport us to where you last saw Janus.”

Remus nodded. “Activate.” He felt his suit come to life around him, and Roman added him to the group call as Remus took them to the alley. A group of at least 30 Beezoids stood, crammed like sausages, in the alley as Remus and Roman appeared in front of them.

“Hello?” Logan’s voice came through as Remus smashed his mace through the first few Beezoids.

“Lo? I thought Roman-” Patton was interrupted.

“Logan, can you ranger up and tell me where you are?” Roman spoke, his voice calm and confident, but Remus watched him fling through Beezoids with as much anger as Remus. Remus smashed into another Beezoid, before teleporting behind another and whacking it so hard it hadn’t turned to dust when his mace connected with the wall of the buildings behind it.

“I can. What is it?”

“Yellow is fucking gone!” Remus yelled into his visor as he tore apart one Beezoid after another. “We can play 20 questions fucking later!”

“Of course.” Logan said, and the line went quiet for a moment before Logan coughed. Remus felt a tingling in his head that he was almost so angry that he ignored, before it opened into Logan’s location in his mind.

“Patton, we are behind the cafe we went to that first day.”

“Got it.”

“Can you pick me up too?” Virgil’s voice came through the line, and Remus watched Roman pause mid slash.