Chapter 87.

Virgil grunted as the Witch's fist hit his stomach, and he felt himself grow nauseous, but that wasn't the most pressing thing at the moment. He felt weird, like his mind was blocking some vital piece of him. Virgil stared at the floor, trying to get his brain to let him know what he was missing. Why did he suddenly feel so empty? Virgil remembered the others, but he couldn't all at the same time.

"You do not."

Virgil struggled to keep himself calm, slowly righting himself. He tried to remember the others. Remus, the green ranger who was an absolute fool, but one of the most gentle people Virgil had ever known. Patton, the pink ranger who was caring to a fault. Janus, the yellow ranger who was always there for anyone and willing to wear his pride of them on his sleeve. Logan, the blue ranger who could answer any question, but also knew when to let others take the lead when he wasn't sure. And the red ranger... Why couldn't he remember the last one? Virgil frowned as the Witch spoke again, snapping Virgil from his confused and jumbled thoughts.

"Do you love Blue?"

"Yes." Patton said, and Virgil watched him lurch forwards. He could move? Virgil tried himself, hope flooding his system as he watched his friend throw a punch at the Witch's jaw. She stumbled back into the wall, stunned. Virgil's body remained still, however. Stiff and unmoving as Patton darted back to Virgil. "Can't you move?"

Virgil stared at him, unable to speak and completely stuck. He screamed at himself, begging his muscles to move, but they weren't his.

"Oh." Patton frowned, and the Dragon Witch recovered, marching back to Patton. He moved his eyes over to her in a silent sign to get Patton to dodge. He did, moving as the Witch reached out for him with a scream.

"How are you free?" She yelled.

"No idea!" Patton answered as he danced around her.

"Purple, catch him!"

Virgil felt his body move again, and he fought against himself. His muscles didn't listen, and his powers kicked in to pull water from the air around him. Patton frowned, backing up away from Virgil.

Hit me! Please god just hit me! Fight me! Go! Run Patton! Virgil screamed in his head, but Patton wasn't Logan, and didn't have his powers.

"I'm sorry, Virgil. I'll be back."

Yes! Go! Virgil yelled, even as his body moved to throw the water in his hand. Patton danced around him, leaping into the air and darting out the door as Virgil followed. He could see Heogguar ahead, who turned in time to have Patton slam into him. The spider creature stumbled to the ground, his arm clawing into Virgil as he passed by. The water in Virgil's hand splashed to the floor instantly, and Patton spun around to see Virgil stumbling.

"That's it! I got scratched!" Patton said, before darting back to Virgil. Was he implying that Heogguar's poison had shorted out his chip? Virgil thought for a moment as Patton reached him, his body wasn't listening to him still, but he had never been caught by Heogguar before. It was possible. Virgil had only been able to barely manipulate his arms with the chip, only allowing for more obvious attacks, but now he was beginning to move his fingers. Virgil looked up at Patton.

"I moved." Virgil said, feeling his mouth speak of his own accord again. Patton grinned at him, grabbing Virgil by the arms and lifting him in the air as Virgil felt the poison take effect, and his consciousness faded out.