Chapter 84.

Remus was pissed. His blood was pumping as he left the Sanctuary and stormed off towards where he could guess Janus may be. He stormed out of the woods, not caring enough to hide himself and too worried he may miss them if he simply jumped. So instead Remus stomped through the woods, past where he and his friends had coffee, and towards the closest hospital.

Roman tried to call him, but Remus was still too angry to even answer, letting the phone ring and go to voicemail. He was so angry at his brother for what he'd said. Remus had really thought Roman had realized he wasn't a solo act. Remus had hoped that he was done wondering if his brother would actually stay. Instead, he was shoved off when he'd tried to talk, and told off because Roman was too busy feeling angry to listen. Remus struggled to understand as he walked. All he'd ever wanted was a family, but his mom had killed his dad, his boyfriend had been severely injured, and his brother wouldn't even talk to him. Not to mention the first people he'd actually felt whole around were falling apart. Two were kidnapped and both were chipped, or at least he assumed Patton was. The smartest and bravest dude he'd ever met had just screamed at his brother. And the kindest man he'd ever met had sacrificed himself for Janus. Remus walked with his thoughts swarming in his head.

Then he'd been stopped by a police car.

"Hey kid, where you heading?"

"Hospital." Remus said, huffing as he tried to get around the car and the officer stepped out to stop him. "My boyfriend's there."

"What's your name, kid?"

"Fred."

"Really?" The officer looked down at something, before back at him. "'Cause you look a lot like this missing kid, Remus Dukes."

"Get that a lot. I'm not. Move please."

The officer didn't, instead crossing his arms. "Do you have any ID on you?"

"No?" Remus looked at him. "I'm a fucking kid. What kind of ID would I have? I'm just trying to visit-"

"Your boyfriend. I'll give you a ride if you want."

"No you won't. You'll take me to the station and I'll have to explain to some lady that she's not my mom." Remus hated how much he actually meant it.

"Well, I'm telling you, I have to hold you until Ms. Dukes gets down here and confirms you aren't her kid."

Remus frowned, before he glanced around, and darted past the officer. Fuck that and fuck his mom too. Remus dodged past people on the sidewalk as the cop called after him. Remus looked ahead. The hospital doors were only a little bit away. Remus dodged another couple before sliding into the hospital, where his mother stood.

"Oh goddamn it." Remus said as she turned around and ran forwards.

"Remus!" She said, scanning him over for injuries as he pulled away. "Oh thank god you're safe. Where's your brother?"

"Eat shit."

"Hey now." A nosey ass nurse said as he walked by. "That's your mom."

"And?"

"It's okay." His mother said, grabbing onto Remus's wrist and holding tightly. He couldn't jump if she held on like she did. He'd only take her with him. He'd been so close too. She pulled him out of the hospital as the cop came in, seeing her with him, and asking a few questions to his mother that she brushed off. She led him out of the hospital and down an alley, all the while Remus pulled on her hand.

"Let me go."

"No, Remus." She said once they were further from the crowd. "She can fix this. Fix yo-"