Chapter 65.

Remus wasn't sure he completely believed his mom. Sure, she seemed convincing, but she had also just admitted to being a major part of their dad's death. So after she'd left, Remus had gone through his room, before sneaking into Roman's, and packed what he felt like he absolutely needed to. Then he jumped to the clearing, and put their quickly packed items on the ground, before jumping back. He'd made sure to add in plenty of Roman's pillows and blankets, so he could keep things with his smell on them. Remus really hoped that this was completely unnecessary, and that he was going to be unpacking this all in an hour while his brother laughed at him. However, he wasn't about to risk it. Remus finished after about thirty minutes, and came downstairs to see his brother holding a bag of packed food.

"I know it's stupid, but just in case she's lying, would you take this to the Sanctuary?" Roman held up the bag.

Remus nodded, and opened the Sanctuary portal from their living room before stepping through and dropping off the food, before stepping back and closing it again. Roman watched him, before he pulled out his phone and began typing.

Remus watched for a moment, before he sat on the couch. "Sooo. Virgil, huh?"

Roman turned a shade of red rivalling his armor. "Yeah..." He paused. "Janus, huh?"

"Fuck yes."

"Is his favorite color actually yellow?" Roman asked, half joking. "Virgil's really is purple."

"No, actually, he is a big fan of turquoise." Remus laughed. "But he likes green too."

"No shit." Roman smiled. "Virgil actually didn't like red, until I came around."

"That's pretty gay."

"What?" Roman said sarcastically. "Never."

Remus laughed, before he grew serious. "So do you wanna talk about what Mom said?"

"Not really. Not yet. Can we just brag about our respective boyfriends instead?"

"Definitely." Remus nodded, before telling Roman about their date the other day. He bragged about Janus asking him to teach him how to draw, and how Remus had gotten a new sketchbook for Janus to learn on. Roman bragged about Virgil's proud singing voice, and his constant being cold. He bragged about them both being very physically affectionate, but both on the same page for where was too far for them. Remus was really enjoying the talk. Despite all the bad, these powers had given him and his brother something to talk about. He finally felt like he was getting his brother again, even if he did follow his lead when it came to ranger things.

"Remus." Roman suddenly turned serious, dropping their conversation about school for a moment.

"What is it?" Remus stood up.

"Listen." He put his finger to his ear, and Remus held his breath. For a moment, all he heard was his heart beat in his ears, before it came through.

Tink...

Tink...

Tink...

"Shit." Remus whispered. "She sold you out."

Roman was quiet for another moment, before they heard the spider-guy's voice from the door. "Hello? I'm lost, and just need some directions."

Remus looked at his brother, and genuinely couldn't tell if Roman was scared, or angry. He got the answer when he saw the fire begin to burn in his hands. "Roman. We need to go."

"If we go your way, then she'll think I'm you. She'll think I'm the green ranger."

"Would you rather go fight it in your street clothes?"