Chapter 71.

Roman had already lit a fire in the lobby. "Blue! Where's he at?"

Logan swung his axe at an incoming Beezoid. "Four floors below!"

"Good! Pink, Green, and Yellow stay up here and fight off the Beezoids. Blue and I are-"

"Hello, Champions." The Dragon Witch called as she walked up the stairs.

"Nice hand! Now it matches the statue!" Remus taunted.

"Where is he?!" Roman stormed forwards, only stopping when a flash caused him to throw up his sword and block. When he looked back, Virgil stood in front of him. He was in his suit, and his lance was bearing down on Roman's head. "Purple!"

"He won't answer!" The Witch cackled, and Roman struggled with his heat. He'd been fighting it. Ever since Logan had called, telling them that Virgil was in danger, he'd felt fire in him grow. He'd morphed quickly, recognizing that his heat was better protected when in his armor, but he had already melted the steps coming up to this building, and he wasn't completely sure if even Virgil would be able to touch him. Patton had tried to calm him down as they had made their way to where Logan had last heard from Virgil, but once they'd seen Dr. Storm on the ground and realized he was dead, all hope of calm had gone out the window.

"Virgil. Virgil it's me. Please." Roman begged, grabbing onto Virgil's weapon with his free hand and pulling it away. It faded in his hands, and Roman reached to put his hand on Virgil's helmet. "Come to me." Virgil reached his hand to Roman's before the Witch spoke something under her breath and he smacked Roman's hand away, resummoning his lance.

"Can't you see, Champion? He chose m-"

"Falsehood!" Logan called, throwing his axe at the Dragon Witch before Virgil smacked it down.

"Excuse me?"

"He was chipped." Logan corrected. Roman already knew that, but it still made him so angry. How dare this third grade art project imply that Virgil had intentionally tried to hurt his friends! Roman charged forwards.

"Blue! Go after Purple! Figure out a way to deactivate his morpher. I'll keep Rock for Brains busy!" Roman charged, alongside Logan, who swung more wide and obvious strokes to keep Virgil from missing any.

"Champion! Come." She called, and Roman watched Logan almost hit Virgil as he dropped his lance and turned to walk over. She made him turn, and Virgil stood in front of her as a barrier.

"He is not a fucking dog, Bitch." Patton's voice came from Roman's right.

Roman watched Virgil shift, his head looking at Patton.

"Pink." Roman said quietly, so only they could hear. "Curse again."

"Why?"

"Trust me."

"You are a real fucking bitch, you know that? Truly lowest of fucking low." Patton insulted while looking at Roman every so often. Roman was trained on Virgil, whose guard was dropping. "It's like you're a walking, talking, shitstain, you know that right, Dragon Bitch?" Roman could see Virgil's shoulders move, almost a shudder.

"Keep going, Pink." Roman encouraged. "Blue, can you knock Virgil out using your telepathy?"

"I think I've seen better fucking rock sculptures come out of a first graders hands, and that's saying something!"

"Yes." Logan answered. "I believe so, but it may cause a migraine."

"We can work with a migraine." Remus answered.

"Be ready with a portal, Green." Roman warned as Patton continued, clearly beginning to run low on material. Virgil was beginning to adjust too, becoming less surprised at Patton's outburst. The Dragon Witch was a few meters away now, probably to watch the show from a safer distance, but Virgil hadn't seemed to notice.