Chapter 9.

Virgil had already had a really shitty day. He hadn't been able to avoid school. He had ended up in detention with a bunch of people he had never met. He had fallen down a hole. He had gotten dragged into a cave system that opened up into a creepy space clearly occupied by a homeless guy. Then he was on said homeless guy's computer like some kind of stalker. Of course it was his luck that he was new to this town and already being stalked by some Ursula wanna be. Now some dumbass named Remus had broken off the arm of that creepy statue in an attempt to look at those bracelets.

"Really dude?" Virgil groaned. "So much for hoping we could get out without anyone noticing us being here."

"I just wanted a look! I mean, she wasn't using them!"

"Were you going to?" The other guy, Roman, asked.

"Maybe! You don't know!"

"I fear Virgil is correct." The dude that talked weird, Logan, said. "Our goal was to leave this place without arousing too much suspicion."

"Oh I'm sorry, Professor Encyclo-fuckin-pedia, I must have missed that rule when we, I don't know, FELL DOWN A SINKHOLE."

"Keep your voice down!" Virgil fussed.

"Why?" Remus complained, crossing his arms like a child. "If anyone came down here, then they would know the way out! Hello! Yoo hoo!"

"Last I checked, your face wasn't on this guy's computer! Mine is!"

"Okay, okay." Patton said, stepping in between the argument. "How about we all calm down a bit and see if we can't fix this." Patton reached forwards, and grabbed the woman's arm, which simply crumpled into dust in his hands. "Or, find a way out before whoever lives here gets back?"

"Well, the only other places we could check would be back in those caves, and I can't imagine this dude pulled a mattress through some of those spaces." Roman said. "Plus, these aren't marked caves. If we aren't careful, we could fall into a space that we can't get back out of."

"In that case, I believe the best solution is to go back to the sinkhole we fell down and wait for assistance there." Logan offered.

"Right, because the crusty ass old man who brought us out here will definitely be able to help." Virgil scoffed.

Patton bent back down to set down the remaining statue's hand, then he reached for the odd bracelets Remus had barged in to see earlier. "Well, I think Logan has the right idea. We should-"

As soon as Patton's hand clasped around one of the bracelets, he vanished into thin air.