Chapter 75.

Patton tried to keep focus as Logan pulled him around to a space where they could morph without being seen, but he just couldn't get the thought of Logan's hand in his out of his head. It was only when Logan asked him if he was ready that Patton focused enough to nod.

"Activate!" They said in unison, both flashing their respective colors before lifting into the air as Logan honed in on where Remus and Janus were. Patton followed, enjoying the feeling of flight even in the suit, before he slowed down to see the monster ahead. It was easily the biggest one they'd fought, with the body of a gorilla on steroids, but with claws in place of its hands. It was easily a story tall, giving out nasty screeching roars, like someone had turned the pitch of its voice up.

"Green Yellow, and I will keep the thing distracted, and keep Beezoids off your back, Pink. Focus and see if you can find a weak spot on that thing from the air." Logan called, and Patton nodded, summoning his bow and flying over top of the monster as Logan dove down to the others. He took a few easy shots as they came, focusing on its joints, while the others seemed to focus on keeping its attention on the ground. Patton watched Remus grab onto a woman to take her out as the monster smashed its claw where she'd been. Patton flew a bit closer, before seeing a horrifying sight appear in front of him.

"Hello, Pink Champion." The Dragon Witch said, floating at his height.

"Hi." Patton said awkwardly.

"Where's Purple and Red?"

"They decided to sleep in." Patton quipped, trying to keep his arms and voice from shaking.

"I've been calling my champion." She said, acting as if Patton was an acquaintance she was catching up with. "But he won't respond. Why is that?"

"You know, I think it's the phone lines."

The Witch cackled, before dropping her demeanor and reaching forwards as Patton flew back quickly. "Give me my champion back!"

"Wah!" Was Patton could respond back with, looking down at the others as all noticed the issue above.

"Oh for fuck's sake." Janus yelled, throwing a dagger at the monster while watching Patton zoom through the air.

Patton didn't respond, trying to keep focused on what Logan needed instead. He could still fire, he just needed a clear shot for both of them. He flipped on his back as he flew, making sure he was clear in front of him first, then notched an arrow and aimed. The Witch was gaining speed, reaching for his boot. Patton let out a slow breath. He looked at his target. Then he fired.

The Witch screamed as the arrow lodged itself in her eye, and stopped as Patton turned back around and flew back to the main fight.

"Green!" Logan's voice called. "Look out from behind! Military!"

"I miss the days of just a small monster!" Janus whined.

"You mean last week?" Patton laughed, flying back overhead and aiming another arrow at the monster.

"Yeah! Last week was a good week for me."

"Did we have the same week?" Remus laughed, and Patton watched as a collection of soldiers began firing at the monster. "And do they give a shit that we're in the line of fire?"

"We are bulletproof, Green." Logan answered as he swung his axe at the monster's leg. "It really does not matter."

"Well it's rude!"

"It is that, Green." Patton agreed, letting loose another arrow that landed in the monster's shoulder.

"Pink! Give us some storm clouds!" Logan yelled as Remus threw his mace at the monster's claw.