Chapter 12.

Patton knew that detention wasn't supposed to be like this, even if he hadn't ever been in one before. So when he had been teleported to some random dark room with what looked to be a cell door at one side, Patton had panicked. Normally, he would have called out for someone as soon as he could, but something in him this time told him to stay quiet. Then he had seen that bracelet wrapped tightly on his wrist, and began to panic more as he scratched himself in an attempt to pull it off. Then Remus came and pulled Patton's hand away. Roman had followed soon after. Then Virgil and Logan came. All of them had bracelets wrapped around their wrists too. Roman's was an oddly comforting shade of red, like that of a fireplace with a dying fire. Then Virgil's was a deep purple, a shade that made Patton think of those rare sunsets when the black in the sky was mixed with the colors of the dying sun. Logan's was as blue as the sea, but not the top, more dark like the color where sea life was vibrant.

"Where is Janus?" Roman finally spoke.

"I am unsure." Logan answered. "I offered him assistance in finding one so that he could flee with us, but he refused."

"Flee?" Patton asked, the twist in his stomach tightening. "As in, run from something?"

"Yeah." Virgil responded. "We heard footsteps walking towards us and thought we would be better off risking it with you guys."

"So..." Remus started, but trailed off. Patton could see the tiniest bit of fear in his eyes. "Then where is he?"

As if on cue, Janus burst into the room, the same dust that had appeared with the rest of them fading as he moved forwards. There was no time to relax, however, as the bracelet on Patton's hand flared up, burning against his wrist and he grunted in discomfort. He noticed the others seeming to have a similar pain, before the room in front of him faded again, and all he could see was a floating bow. It sat in mid air, hovering slowly towards him as Patton reached up his hand, he saw the bracelet glow a stronger pink. Something in his heart told him that this was right. That the bow was waiting for him, and that he was ready. So Patton reached out and grabbed the bow.

As soon as it had vanished, the room and others were back. However, they looked very different. Patton could see the same colors that had glowed from their bracelets had become some sort of uniform.

Roman's was the same warm red, with a white belt and sash that laid across his chest. Instead of Patton seeing Roman's face, there was a red helmet. It had a black strip where his eyes would be, and was holding a nice sized red longsword in his hand.

Next to him, Logan's suit was similar. Blues where Roman's was red, and instead of a sword, Logan held a blue battle axe. Virgil's was that same purple, and he was holding a long purple lance in his hands. Remus was the same green, and he was holding a large scary mace in his hands.

Janus was in a bright yellow suit. Not quite like the sun, but more like a yellow flower. He held two twin daggers in either hand. Then Patton looked down and saw the same uniform on him. It was more pale than the others' colors, but still a bright pink. Then he saw the bow in his hand.

"Holy Hadestown."