Chapter 88.

Roman had paced the Sanctuary with Remus until he got a call from Logan, and opened the portal to let the ranger in. He was in his suit, and Roman ran over to check on him.

"Logan! What happened!"

The ranger looked at him through his suit, before deactivating and giving him a cautious stare. Roman took a deep breath, trying to swallow his pride as he looked back at Logan.

"I'm sorry." They said together. Roman looked at Logan with confused eyes.

"You're sorry?" Roman asked. "Why? It was my fault. I should never have yelled at you. It wasn't your fault. You were right."

"No, Roman. I was not. Not completely, at least. I should have watched over Virgil's chip better, and because of my reckless actions, we now have two chipped rangers. And my parents know who I am."

"Wait, what?" Roman looked at him. "What do you mean, 'your parents know'?"

"Was the statement not clear? My apologies. God, I am saying that a lot today. My parents saw me morph."

"Holy shit." Remus said, "Maybe we should all recap each other."

"Right." Roman nodded, before he watched Logan clear his throat and tell the twins about his run-in with Patton and Heogguar.

"Worst name ever." Remus scoffed.

"Yes." Logan agreed as Roman nodded. He continued his story, telling them how he'd been protected by Patton in the end, but he'd had to morph to protect his parents.

"I'm glad you're okay, Logan."

"I am not. Not mentally, anyway."

"None of us are, Logan." Roman said, placing his hand on Logan's shoulder. "But that was no excuse for me to chase you away like that. You could've been really hurt. I'm sorry." Roman said again, reaching over and pulling the ranger close. Logan stumbled a bit, clearly unexpecting the embrace, but he moved his arms around Roman as well.

"What was your 'recap' Remus?" Logan quoted the word as they pulled back.

Remus nodded, and Roman listened to him explain what he'd experienced as well.

"How odd that Heogguar can get to places as fast as you can." Logan noted.

"Yeah, I have no idea why." Remus said, before continuing with his mother. Roman was hurt by how far she'd fallen. He wished he could convince her that she was wrong, but he was beginning to accept that he couldn't fix everything.

"Roman? Did you have any experiences?" Logan asked as Remus finished.

"Kind of? More like I got an idea." Roman said, before telling them about the journal entry he'd read. "Freddie mentioned that when he morphed, the others got power boosts. What if we did the same thing here?"

"Are you implying we put on a morpher with a known past of hurting the wearer?"

"I'm implying that. Yes."

"Seems dangerous." Remus said. "I'll do it."

"Not right now!" Roman fussed. "There's no way to know if we'll be able to get it back off, or if it'll hurt you whil-"

"Dude." Remus said, frowning. "I'm not volunteering because it's safe. Let me do this."

Roman frowned. He needed to trust his brother. "Okay."

Remus smiled at him, "Now, does anyone know where it is?"

"Oh for fuck's sake." Logan cursed. "We have lost it?"

"No!" Remus defended. "Janus wouldn't let me put it on earlier, so he hid it from me."

"He didn't tell me." Roman said.