3

Błażej was tired of the almost two-week marathon of tests at school. There were a few times during the school year when teachers of all subjects made a silent agreement that it was time to torture students. He also earned some extra money at weekends and came three times a week for deliveries in a supermarket. He had to combine school and work to save enough money to start on his own. His parents expected him to disappear from home right after graduation. He earned some extra money there before, but not took as many hours as now.

They could not accept the fact that he was of a different orientation, like most of this country. The boy knew that it would not be easy for him, but he was glad that they did not throw him out of the house right away, but let him stay there until he finished high school. He quietly hoped that they might be okay with it by then, but so far there was no sign of it. The case was still too fresh, the day it accidentally came to light at the same time as he was entering the age of majority and turning eighteen. Only three weeks have passed.

As always, he thought about it when he went to work and felt a little jealous of his peers that they could only focus on studying or allowing themselves to be carefree, going out or partying. And he will be caught up in combining study and work until he finishes his studies. He discarded gloomy thoughts, however, and adopted a seemingly pleased smile so as not to worry his colleagues.

The shop staff was women, so they treated him as if he was the apple of their eye and appreciated his help. Błażej never refused to help them, and even rebuked them for carrying heavier things, if it was not necessary, if he was not there. He changed quickly and peered into the office, where the assistant manager sat with a soft sigh.

"Big delivery?" he asked, putting on gloves.

"Don't tell me anything," the woman muttered under her breath. "The driver hasn't even arrived yet."

"But who, if not me and Błażej, will deal with it better and faster?" Behind the boy's back appeared his companion, one of the younger members of the team. "The girls will come in the morning, and we will sip a cup of coffee because everything will be done."

The young man laughed politely, it was a constant saying of this girl. It is known that even if the distribution of the delivery was done earlier, there were still a few other urgent tasks to be performed. The high-pitched bell rang on the warehouse door.

"Marzenko, will you get it?" the manager asked.

"Of course, come on, Błażej, we have to make our morning coffee possible."

The young woman smiled politely at the boy and walked vigorously towards the warehouse. He wondered where she always had so much energy, which he often lacked. He also knew that as soon as the shop was closed, his friend would start trying to talk with him seriously, sensing well that he was not doing well at all. He set out to find a manual forklift to leave with more containers and pallets, which we are slowly filling the warehouse.

Błażej sighed heavily and set to work. At one point, he inadvertently bumped into one of the customers and politely apologized, although there was some indulgence in his eyes that someone was not very careful and did not notice him carrying a large container of groceries. He didn't have time to watch the man he collided with. He only noticed that she had black, long hair and beautiful hazel eyes. He seemed well-formed and strangely familiar. However, Błażej hoped most of all that it was not the man who would not initiate any unnecessary scandal.

"This is the second time that ..." Makary began, unable to get over his shock that in just a few days' intervals, he meets a random person who was the same as back then in the mall. His heart beat faster for a moment and he felt suddenly nervous.

"Sorry again," Błażej muttered.

"But that's not ..."

"I have to put this down here, though, I'd be grateful if you stepped back a step or two." The employee was again focused completely on his task, ignoring the already downcast Makary.