46

They talked for a while longer, mostly about how they had spent Christmas and the week they hadn't seen each other. The conversation was dominated this time by Makary, who had more to say. He also decided to complain a bit about what he felt the day before and after that, he felt a little lighter in his heart. Błażej apologized to him again and again, fearing that this had alienated him and did not know what to expect from the sound of the alarm clock.

Makary got up and stretched, inwardly laughing at his beloved that he was trying to pretend that the sight did not interest him at all. He smiled, Błażej, again ashamed, hid part of his face under the blanket.

"Thank you," said the brown-eyed one. "I do not know how I can repay you."

"You won't get rid of me that easily," Makary chuckled. "I'm going to get myself together a bit, I need to see how Nemo is holding up, I'll be at the restaurant for a few hours, I'll go shopping, I'll come back here and cook dinner, and the rest of the day we will see."

"Are you sure you want to spend that much time with me?" Błażej was surprised as if it still wasn't obvious to him.

"Of course. Your debt will increase, and then I can ask for a bigger reward."

"Should I be afraid?"

"Maybe a little. Do you need anything before I go?" asked Makary with concern. "I'll make you some breakfast and something warm to drink."

Hazel-eyed disappeared into the kitchen for a moment, rejoicing at what had just happened. He was afraid that Błażej would have some objections to his second coming, but apparently, it was also to his advantage. Makary was glad that he could look after him a little longer, hoping that something between them would move forward at least a little bit. Before he left, he ordered the patient to rest and not to do anything that required any effort, even mental. He also asked him to call his cousin and explain everything to her.

At work, he tried to concentrate, but at times it was difficult for him. Exceptionally often for him, he sneaked out to the locker room to make sure that Błażej felt bearable. He was surprised how many people visited the restaurant on the second day of the year. He wondered if they wanted an excellent start to the next period in their lives, or if they just didn't feel like cooking dinner. He hurriedly went shopping from work, the shops were full of people, as if not being able to shop for a day had cleaned out their refrigerators and pantries.

The door to both the apartment and to Błażej's room was open, but Makary noticed that he was not in bed. Instead, he heard the clink of an overturned cup. He went to the kitchen and found his beloved there, leaning against the cabinet.

"I got a little dizzy. You wrote that you'd be back soon, and I thought you might want a coffee after work. I wanted it to be ready when you came," Błażej explained, still holding a mug in his hands from which coffee spilt onto the floor.

Hazel-eyed sighed heavily but smiled and took the vessel from his beloved's hand. He thought it was cute, but not when he needed to rest and stay in bed.

"I appreciate the gesture, but until you get well, I will not enjoy them," Makary replied gently. "Go back to bed."

Having prepared most of the dinner, the cook saw his beloved again hidden under the blanket and turned to the wall. He sighed and touched his arm, forcing him to look at him.

"Have you taken all your medications?" he asked.

"Of course," replied Błażej. "I haven't done anything else besides watching the show either, so you don't need to conduct further questioning. Sorry, no, I called Monika too."

The first year was a bit angry with himself for his clumsiness during his illness, especially for what had happened to something as trivial as making coffee. He looked longingly at the desk, but he knew that even if he wanted to, he wouldn't have the strength to do anything related to his studies right now. He looked at Makary, who sat down next to the bed and watched him with a mysterious smile. So Błażej asked how his day was going and listened with pleasure, especially complaints about some restaurant guests because he had many stories about uninteresting customers.

"I like the view," said the younger one. Makary was about to disappear into the kitchen again for a while, and he didn't quite understand what was going on. Błażej pointed to his bangs fastened with a hair clasp. "Your eyes are more visible."